Notices

A question for all

Old 02-23-2008, 12:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

YOU need to dig deep, and first things first, put down that beer, and chuck out all the others you have in your house.

Find a program that works for you :http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-programs.html , there are a bunch to choose from.

First things first, sort yourself out, get yourself some sober time, and make a commitment to yourself.

Nothing worth having comes without effort, and that includes a ready made family.

Make this YOUR time to quit, her drinking is none of your business. If you can't stand it, then just meet her for breakfast or lunch, or you can share with her that you are working on your sobriety, she might be very supportive.

If you are in this for long haul she will have to know sooner or later.

Go For It

Seren
Old 02-23-2008, 12:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the kind and encouraging(sp?) words. Like I said, I am trying, for her, her daughter, and ME! The important thing is they both make me want to be a better person, and that I love. I will continue to post here, this site is so good for me. Thanks again for your response!!
Old 02-23-2008, 12:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You are so welcome.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Gold Member

You know you have a problem with alcohol when you come the alcoholism board and are drinking a beer while you write. I did the same thing many years ago! The last time I slipped was on 2 beers 3 and a half years ago. I did not treat it very serious at first,but an old timer told me to treat it like a full blown relaps and get my butt to as many meetings as possible. I took his suggestion and also treated myself like any new person and read the big book, got a sponcer,worked the steps... All the suggestions worked and I'm still sober today, one day at a time. It's not the end of the world yet,but it could get serious.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I started all 3 of my relapses with a few drinks. Not just one, and not a whole bunch, but a few. "Why, I can drink normally!" I was so proud of myself!

Every time, a week or two later it was all out the window, business as usual.