Notices

Today's the day...

Old 02-20-2008, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today's the day...

Well, gang...the day has finally arrived and I'm checking into rehab this afternoon. Still feeling lots of anxiety, especially about the detox, but am strangely relieved and a little excited to get this show on the road.

Just wanted to thank you all again for the words of support and encouragement. I feel like I have a whole new group of friends waiting for me when I come home.

More will be revealed.

Peace Out for now.

Juju
Old 02-20-2008, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Juju54 View Post
Well, gang...the day has finally arrived and I'm checking into rehab this afternoon. Still feeling lots of anxiety, especially about the detox, but am strangely relieved and a little excited to get this show on the road.

Just wanted to thank you all again for the words of support and encouragement. I feel like I have a whole new group of friends waiting for me when I come home.

More will be revealed.

Peace Out for now.

Juju

Great. That is the first step for a new life. You can make it happen. Believe it.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes let us know what it is like I am curious since my folks keep threatening to send me to one. . Maybe it would be for the best.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Today's the day...

Hey, Felly

I'll definitely let you know what it's like...for me, anyway. I have several friends who've gone to rehab, some of them in the "old days" when there was a lot of in-your-face "tough love", and they all considered it a positive experience.

I'll be interested to hear what you decide.

Juju
Old 02-20-2008, 10:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Juju54,
I have been to 4 28 day plus rehabs alover the country and have never had a bad experience, just trouble following directions. I also have been to several 5 or so day's of detox centers, all were very nice and the staff willing to help, if you feel bad in detox know that it will pass, also let them know so they can give you meds accordingly, mg amount frequency etc: Good luck and try not to worry, look foward to being a new person with a whole lot of a better life......
Take care, John
Old 02-20-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks, John

Glad to hear you had good experiences. So far, everyone I've spoken to at the clinic has been kind and supportive. It's just kinda surreal right now, and I have no idea what to expect. But then, not having expectations can be a good thing...can't be disappointed if you haven't set yourself up for it, eh?

Glad I got your post before I left...I'm about half an hour from leaving.

Thanks again for your note.

Deb
Old 02-21-2008, 05:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Deb keep in mind that the 2 most important things to recovery are honesty and willingness!

I had to become totally honest with my self and those around me in order to even begin to walk that road to recovery.

Just as important as honesty I learned was willingness, willingness to do what ever it takes to stay sober and recover.

Go into rehab with an open mind and be willing to follow ALL of the suggestions they give you.

I can assure you they will tell you that when you leave there you will need to get deeply involved in a long term recovery program. The program they suggested in my detox was AA, AA worked for me, but keep in mind that there are other programs out there as well.