Notices

problem

Old 02-10-2008, 02:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I just want to say thanks for the things all of you posted here today. I have to log off and I only had a few minutes to read this, but I'll be back tomorrow. I was acting foolish last night and I appreciate the fact that you all still showed me such patience. Thank you very much.

Kayla

(PS Matt88- So very glad I could amuse you!)
Old 02-11-2008, 05:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I understand your anger. I was very angry once too. I painted myself into a corner and I blamed everyone else for my problems. (not saying that you do)
Every time someone tried to give me advice I told them why it wouldn't work. One day I picked up the spiritual tools laid at my feet and my life has been a lot easier every since.
I truly do wish you well.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think it's funny that when you thank someone for their post, you later have the option to "remove your thanks". Wouldn't it be great if we could do that with everything we say and do?- just remove it from everyone's memory.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

"Wouldn't it be great if we could do that with everything we say and do?- just remove it from everyone's memory"

Absolutely. For a long time I managed to remove large chunks of what I said and did from my own memory, though.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Many random people, who I never heard from again, told me i needed to ditch my life, my boyfriend, my lifestyle, my evening bartending job. I followed that advice but then never heard from any of those folks again.
Kayla the above indicates to me that you are at a very important point, the point of being willing to do what ever it takes to get and stay sober, this is the key to it all!!!

I love SR, but just like you said, people come and they go here, some folks come crying out for help and just dissappear, others come offering support and advice and just dissappear, there are a few that stick around for the long haul.

I am strictly speaking for myself, but I know for a fact I could never have stayed sober by hanging my recovery hat strictly on people on the internet that I would probably never meet. There are a couple of folks here who have done just that and my hat is off to them.

Meetings, face to face meetings with other alcoholics who have found a path to sobriety are what has worked for me, the steps took my recovery way beyond just not drinking, the steps took the obsession to drink away from me, they freed me from alcohol and myself! They have led me to be able to live life on lifes terms, sober one day at a time.

In AA meetings you will find some folks that come and go, but you will also find people that are at the same meetings every week. You will hear laughter, you will see smiles, you will see people who at one time were right where you are at now with a smile on thier face and a twinkle in their eye!

These people know how to stay sober and love nothing more then to share with other alcoholics how they got and how they stay sober. You see one of the best ways we have found to stay sober is helping others get and stay sober.

In regards to your family finding out, I like you thought for years that no one except immediate family (Wife & Kids) knew I had a problem. I found out after I had been sober for a while, that in reality most people who I worked with or associated with knew at a minimum on occasion I drank to much. Hangovers stand out like a sore thumb to most folks and when I really tied one on over the weekend I smelled like booze (Not my breath) Monday morning.

After I had been sober for a month people were telling me I looked like I was feeling better and asked me what I had changed.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey there

Hey thanks for sending me a PM. I tried to write you back but it said I had to have 5 post. I just joined last night so I will hit you up this evening.