Notices

OK,heres my dilemma...

Old 02-25-2008, 04:33 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I'm very proud of you Patrick and you should be proud of yourself to. Please get to Dr as soon as you can and get a clean bill of health. It would be one less thing to have on your mind at this time.
Linda:ghug3
Old 02-25-2008, 04:46 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Patrick, Patrick, Patrick, what can I say? I responded to your posts several days (and pages) back. I was getting pretty darn peeved at you. Seems like you were enjoying getting people riled up. I applaude Taz and, oh, I'm so sorry, the other name just completely slipped my mind, anyway, I applaude them for being upfront and downright in your face. That is what it took for me. I had soo many people sugar coat things for me. Imagine, my second trip to prison, second marriage breaking up and still, now, you can do this. Just try, sweety, I'm here for you. I needed a big ol kick in my bootie to get me to finally get mad enough at this disease to do something about it.

Oh, I was so comfortable on that pity pot. I sat there for soo many years that still, after 31 months in Recovery, I still have a small imprint on my tush! Kinda like a real dark tan, takes time to wear off! lol

Seriously though, I'm not telling you to get the smokes out, but Dude, take it easy here. It took us a long time to get to that bottom, gonna take a long time to crawl out. You can't do or undo it all at once.

And I agree, I don't think it's too late physically. I do feel that's just another way the disease wants to pull us back, you know, "Oh, you have damage to your liver now anyway, go ahead, have a drink, what harm is it gonna do now? The disease wants you back my friend. It's lying in wait. Am I trying to scare you? Yeah, I guess I am. I do hope you keep going back to meetings. And it seems like just listening for awhile is a pretty good idea. My first Sponsor always told me to take the cotton out of my ears and shove it in my mouth!

To anyone else who just sat here through five pages of the life of Patrick - this is what it's all about. You may have just been witness to a miracle in the works!

If you haven't had a drink or a drug today, give yourself and your HP a hand!T][/I]
Old 02-26-2008, 02:56 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Patrick you are the MAN!!!! It wasn't that bad was it? If you keep going back you will suddenly find that you enjoy the meetings, being around folks that think like us is really cool!

I went into 5 years of isolation my last 5 years of drinking, the main reason was no one else drank like I did, they held me back, or I was embarassed...... maybe both!!! In AA I met a lot of folks that knew how I felt and what I was going through, a lot of them have now become friends.

Patrick for now just go to the meetings, keep us posted and ask any questions you want. If you commit to a meeting as often as possible and get phone numbers of some folks in AA to call when you are thinking about having a drink, you will be amazed at how much easier it is to quit with a support network then trying to do it on your own.

Do not get me wrong, there will be some damn tough times ahead, but now that you are not doing it alone you will have some real help, heck I am sure you could find a few new sober fishing buddies....... taking your kids along will start the ball rolling in the right direction with the kids as well, fishing with a sober father my kids have told me is cool!!!
Old 02-26-2008, 05:10 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Everyone replying to your post here are the same type of people you will meet in AA if you stick with it. From one side of the fence or the other or stuck in the middle we/they have been there done that got TONS of t-shirts.
Keep up the good work.
Your Friend, Linda:ghug3
Old 02-26-2008, 09:02 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

SerenityQueen Said: I responded to your posts several days (and pages) back. I was getting pretty darn peeved at you. Seems like you were enjoying getting people riled up.

I second that. I told myself I wouldn't post in this thread again. I couldn't stay away.

Patrick .... just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you last night. I hope you're still staying strong.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:32 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

I am very pleased you are giving AA a try Patrick!

I am far from being Mr. AA, but by going to meetings you are doing SOMETHING, you are taking an active role in your recovery.

Getting up and doing something, anything, is so important.

Well done!