Notices

there goes my stash !!

Old 01-27-2008, 04:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

there goes my stash !!

i've just done something i've been trying to do all morning-i've just cleared up all my little "hiding places" and cleared out all the alcohol in them-a cpl of bottles of beer-5 cans of beer-and a full bottle of southern comfort !!

this is just what i had stashed for the times i just "fancied one"-the thing that constantly let me down

the lot of it has just gone down the toilet-the funny thing being that when i was pouring the beer down it actually began to froth-like it was getting a head on it even though i was pouring it into water-all i could think when i was doing it was "why has it took me so long to do this? " i feel a sense of relief now but also one of apprehension-i know now its a step that i've made for the better-it couldnt have got much worse !!

i've drunk pretty much constantly for most of my adult life-and most of my teen years-and seeing as i'm 35 now-i think it's time to put a stop to this thing that's controlling my life-am on day 2 now and have got every intention of getting to my first week-i know it doesnt seem much to some but to me its somewhere i've never been before-hope i can make it !!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

*applause for joey*

that took courage. Good for you!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joey8262 View Post
am on day 2 now and have got every intention of getting to my first week-i know it doesnt seem much to some but to me its somewhere i've never been before-hope i can make it !!
You may think it doesn't seem like much to some, but those of us in recovery know it's a lot. I am a recovering meth addict with 2 years clean almost and let me tell you there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about using.

Good luck with your journey!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 08:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Wonderful! I keep an alcohol free home too!
Old 01-27-2008, 08:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you. That must of felt good to do that.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good job! The first stop might not seem like much, but it is both very important and hard!
Old 01-27-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Awesome, that is one apron string that needed to be cut!!!! Great Job.

Cathy
Old 01-27-2008, 12:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Hang in there, Joey! The best is yet to come--just take it a step at a time, one day at a time! Best wishes on your recovery! :atv
Old 01-27-2008, 01:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i've just come in from a day out with my son-an absoluetly hectic day with loads of activities-i felt a bit crap to begin with-grumpy etc but as soon as i seen him playing in the activity place it made it all worth it-the last time me and him spent some time together without me having a hangover is at least 12 months-i'm drinking coffee again tonight-like last night-and like tomorrow night-i've just put him to bed and promised him we're going to have at least one day a week we can spend like that-just me and him-no work, no pressure, and most of all NO MORE DRINKING-i'm shattered but staying up as long as i can so i get a good sleep when i do go to bed !!