# 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our new SR members...
-gray......FIFI08....Banker

Thanks for joining our site ..

Blessings and Best wishes on your recoveries
Old 01-27-2008, 09:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You talk about going to AA for three years but you did not mention working the steps. Sobriety is not free, you must work for it.
I'm glad you were honest about not wanting to get sober. I would give some thought to jail. At 125 lbs. it wont be pleasant.
Good luck my friend, I do not think your future looks good.:sorry
Old 01-27-2008, 12:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
sic transit amore

i really can't thank y'all enough for your replies.

i know the process of recovery is a matter of choice, but it's a choice i'm not completely positive about. there are good aspects and bad aspects of my life. i despise being handcuffed to a bottle of whiskey from morning until night, but in order for me to distance myself from it, i would have to distance myself from many personal relationships and whatnot. that most likely sounds very trivial, but it's something that's kept me glued together in my life.

i refuse to go to A.A. again, for the record. yes, i did work the steps in my three years...i only got up to step 11 because i went through so many sponsers (three, in fact). the first two started drinking again, but the last one i did walk out on...he was a good guy, but i was just too frustrated with the program at that point. like i said earlier, i'm glad that A.A. works for some, but from my personal experience, it was a very sad, lonely, masochistic time in my life and i will not do it again. i know the road to recovery is not easy, but i don't want to go back down that particular path.

as to the post about checking out other programs (i already did), there are no other ones around here. the only other one is two counties away, and would probably cost just as much, but thank you for your input.

as far as cenikor goes, it just really doesn't sound like a viable option. even if their best interests are at heart, i'm not ready for that level of commitment. life could be better, but as the jail time grows closer, i'm seeing that it's not all that bad. i've held down two jobs, always had a place to stay, and haven't gone completely nuts (yet). as i've said, i relocated to get off of the multitude of narcotics i used to take in (along with the alcohol), so i halfway think that i'll know when to say when. i know that sounds absurd, but then again, who amongst us isn't profoundly good at lying to themselves at some point?

as far as weening is concerned, i'm checking into detox tomorrow. there's no way i'm going through withdrawals in a jail.

thank you for your replies. like i said, i am fully aware that nothing will work unless i make the decision for it to. either way, i appreciate your thoughts, and hope nothing but the best for y'all.
good luck to all of you.
-gray
Old 01-27-2008, 12:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good luck to you gray and I wish you well and hope that you can keep in contact.