Ya, Phoenix would always pick on me!

I never understood why either

I forgot what topic that was over....hmm

I would suggest staying as far as possible from her...she is such a bully

Can't we all just get along???
Old 06-16-2003, 05:45 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally posted by phoenix
Joined munchdaddy ? So you've followed his posts and are aware that his stated purpose in coming here has been to disrupt and agitate?That surprised me.I did have the impression that you were of a different character.Maybe I was mistaken?

snip

phoenix
Yes, I followed the argument you got into with him. I don't think that disruption was his specific purpose, but I AM of a very different character.

Yeah, he got in trouble over there, too, for his tone. Typical New Yawker. [Ducks and runs for cover...]

Mellifluously Californian....
Don S
Old 06-16-2003, 05:51 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Paused

Well, I'm new and naive no more about asking for feedback on an RR experience!

The rest of the post I decided to erase, cause I don't want to keep this going.

Last edited by Ophelia; 06-16-2003 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:57 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am a director of this site, menopausal and just not in a real good mood.

Let me make a couple of things clear.

Copying posts from these boards and posting them on another website is a clear violation of trust here and will not be tolerated. Be warned that if it happens again, the offending person will be banned.

These discussions inevitably turn into debates and in the future such debates will be cut short and the thread will be locked. Open discussion about YOUR recovery and what works for you, is welcome. Coming here for the sole purpose of promoting another website or bashing this one will not be tolerated. Quite frankly, it's childish and we're sick of it.

This particular post is not up for debate. If you don't understand anything I am saying here, send me a PM.

Play nice or go home.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:00 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally posted by Don S
Yes, I followed the argument you got into with him. I don't think that disruption was his specific purpose, but I AM of a very different character.

Yeah, he got in trouble over there, too, for his tone. Typical New Yawker. [Ducks and runs for cover...]

Mellifluously Californian....
Don S
I didn't get into an argument with him.In fact I made it known that I had placed him on" ignore" to avoid reacting to him, as he was intent on baiting me and others.And he stated his purpose quite clearly in a post,in which he was bragging about his antics here.Sorry...can't recall now whether it was RR or SMART.

For the record,he is the only person I have ever put on ignore.I hope to keep it that way.I have no problem at all with open discussions,but I do object to people intentionally creating problems.

phoenix
Old 06-16-2003, 06:04 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally posted by justaround
Ya, Phoenix would always pick on me!

I never understood why either

I forgot what topic that was over....hmm

I would suggest staying as far as possible from her...she is such a bully

Can't we all just get along???
But I like to think I helped mold your character

At least...I think it's mold

Anyway...it's fuzzy and green

But seriously....I think you rock

phoenix
Old 06-16-2003, 06:05 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Paused

Typical New Yawker. [Ducks and runs for cover...]
Donny boy, you know me better than that. That surfboard hit you in the head, right?

Pheonix,
I apologized. Now please continue to ignore me.

the toad
Old 06-16-2003, 06:21 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I quit my 20+ year alcohol abuse habit after reading the first section of RR:The New Cure and I was drinking martinis while reading it (and sneaking to the bathroom to take some hits off my hidden bottle so my girlfriend wouldn't see). It was as if a light came on in my head and I suddenly realized how stupid it was to poison myself and how I did in fact have the power to not drink. I have found that, armed with the knowledge in that book, I am almost physically unable to drink alcohol and haven't the slightest desire to do so. This is not because of some brainwashing, but because the things I learned appeal so much to my "Rational" and intelligent mind that I could never again justify doing something so stupid, selfish and irresponsible. Not only does it point out all the many negative aspects of drinking and the many positive aspects of NOT drinking in ways you may never have thought of, but it teaches a mental technique (AVRT) which allows one to immediately silence the addictive voice inside that cares nothing about you or anyone or anything that you love, but only says "Drink, Drink, Drink!" whatever the cost, including your life if necessary. Using AVRT, this voice appears less and less frequently and becomes so easy to control that it is laughable. I recently used AVRT to quit smoking and it has made it almost effortless. AVRT is a very powerful mental technique that can be used to overcome almost any habit that one feels is affecting ones life in a negative way. So, that is a general summary of RR and that's what works for me.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:19 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Doug

Uh-oh Screen....know what you did in that last post?

You shared some of your story

Thanks for sharing and keep coming back.

Old 06-16-2003, 09:30 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Yeah,thanks for sharing screen.

Hopefully now we can all stop bashing and posting links in a frenzy to prove our point and get back to the important business of stayin sober.

Peter.