Notices

Music feelings

Old 01-23-2008, 04:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Music feelings

My song at the moment is by linkin park, the name of the song is crawling, i encourage you to listen to the words or download the lyrics, yes i am 40 yrs old but i still have good taste in music , these lyrics mean alot to me , JUST LISTEN ...

Take care, John
Old 01-23-2008, 04:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Drop D tuning and the licks are easy , even for a sober man...

Take care,John
Old 01-24-2008, 06:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Banned Troll

I love Linkin Park I’ve felt like that many times, crawling in my skin. What was that song that was popular for a while by them you got me looking for the CD now? Where is that CD?

I’m currently in a NY State of Mind by Billy Joel……

Thanks
Old 01-24-2008, 06:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for that PC. A song I love is The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance. Great video too.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You guys have some really good taste in music. Isnt it funny how most people who cant express their feelings hear so much in music.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There was a thread here a bit back where everyone was posting songs they like, or stood out to them that day or whatever..was pretty cool.

One stuck in my head this morning 'Last Flowers' by Radiohead (on the bonus disc for In Rainbows)

"And if I'm going to talk
I just want to talk
Please don't interrupt
Just sit back and listen

Because I can't face the evening straight
You can offer me escape
Houses move and houses speak
If you take me there you'll get relief""

good stuff.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I heard that song "I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down" (I think it's in Shrek) yesterday and it made me think. He's singing that over and over and in the background, a women is singing like a siren (the mythological women of the island, in case I spelled that wrong). It just reminded me of the calling of the fridge and looking in the mirror going "DONT DO IT"

It's funny how music can really get into you... now, If I could get it out of my head!!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

i don't really like linkin park that much, or my chemical romance. it's just not my cup of tea. not a bad thing for others, just not my bag.

i've been listening to a lot of johnny cash lately, which has been good for my soul. it's weird, i alternate between johnny cash, belle and sebastian, joni mitchell, merle haggard, miles davis, john coltrane, the beatles, etc. then on the other side, it's like the descendents, fugazi, bad brains, nofx, dinosaur jr., radiohead, the pixies, fu manchu, bad religion, reagan youth, 7 seconds, etc. then again, it's the wailers, keller williams, grateful dead, blackalicious, tribe called quest, common, de la soul, etc.

i'm all over the place.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mtngirl , your music variety seems broad like mine. I listen to all types of music , that one just sticks out at me..
Old 01-24-2008, 02:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I love Linkin Park! I used to listen to that CD all the time. It is now in CD heaven, unfortunately, I guess that is what happens when you play a CD over and over and over and over. Some of my sober friends were talking once and we came to the decision that the members of linkin park were probably alcoholic/adicts because they got the emotions so right!

Originally Posted by Rimmy View Post
I heard that song "I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down"

Is that a Chumbawamba song about drinking? Or am I thinking about a different song . . .
Old 01-24-2008, 10:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jes23 View Post
I love Linkin Park! I used to listen to that CD all the time. It is now in CD heaven, unfortunately, I guess that is what happens when you play a CD over and over and over and over. Some of my sober friends were talking once and we came to the decision that the members of linkin park were probably alcoholic/adicts because they got the emotions so right!

Is that a Chumbawamba song about drinking? Or am I thinking about a different song . . .
It is indeed a Chumbawamba song about drinking. Above Rimmy is talking about a "siren" singing in the background. She is repeating "pissing the night away", which is British slang for wasting time drinking.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bonsai12 View Post
I love Linkin Park I’ve felt like that many times, crawling in my skin. What was that song that was popular for a while by them you got me looking for the CD now? Where is that CD?

I’m currently in a NY State of Mind by Billy Joel……

Thanks
You ask what song was popular by Linkin Park "for a while", other than the aforementioned. That doesn't narrow much down for me, but I'm willing to bet you are thinking of "In the End".