Notices

Day 14 & it seems to be getting harder

Old 01-23-2008, 03:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Redstuff why not pick up the phone and talk to another alcoholic who has been through what you are going through right now? Maybe go to a meeting and drink in a little hope, you know, see people that used to be just like you who have stayed sober who today have that twinkle in thier eye and a smile on thier face. Why not ask them how they have stayed sober, I am sure they would be more then happy to share with you how they did it, trust me, some one helped them stay sober as well.

You are not alone, why be alone?
Old 01-23-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Hope3

Congratulations on 16, hang in there,

and stay busy working your recovery,,,...

Hope and love, hope3
Old 01-24-2008, 12:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well, you must have been getting SOMETHING out of drinking. If drinking was the problem and you stopped, problem solved, right? So, maybe drinking was a solution of sorts, certainly a failed solution, but a solution nonetheless. So exactly what is the problem, and what's to be done to solve it?

For people like me who would walk out of a rehab full of good intentions and wind up drunk a few months later, very important points to ponder.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Exclamation

I'm at day 18. Not sure if I'm progressing like I should. I'm so tired of fighting this. Too tired and weak to keep going, but the desire hasn't been strong enough to make me drink. Not sure if that makes any sense or not. I don't know what I am supposed to expect, but I guess I expected to feel better at this point. Is this normal? If so, how can I continue to be patient with the progress and receive some glimmer of hope to keep going?
Old 01-24-2008, 05:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I think it is perfectly normal. I felt the same way. Exactly the same way.

I reached out and asked for help, I was familiar enough with AA to call someone who didn't drink anymore, hasn't for years..and talked.

It works miracles redstuff..it really does.