Notices

well back again

Old 01-20-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

well back again

hi fellow sufferers i just wanted to let to you know anyone detoxing from alcohol as i am myself needs to keep their body sugars up, i am on my 8th day and have been slowly improving day by day woke up this morning feeling the best i have in days, i went out for a couple of hours and never ate i got home i was finding it hard to concentrate i was cold tired and the anxiety panic attacks were awful thought i was dying it was like day 2 but my detox nurse was correct eat little and often and have honey on toast in the morning that releases sugar slowly into the system what i found was to make larger meals and just keep pick in at them saves on keep having to make loads of separate meals and have loads of dishes to deal with after hate dishes i should get some paper plates lol joking aside i nearly turned to the drink oh so nearly managed to grit my teeth and i have calmed down to a certain extent i felt better as soon as i ate weird how the feelings improved that fast, only thing i had a nap i was so tired from stressing out hope i have a normal nights sleep then again am just gonna watch alien Vs predator so will probably have nightmares lol jeez went on a bit their my point is

EAT LITTLE AND OFTEN ALSO INCORPORATE SUGERS NOT TO MUCH JUST A LITTLE I THINK YOUR BODY WILL TELL YOU, NOT TO MUCH CAFFEIN I FOUND
WELL HERE WE GO AGAIN GOOD LUCK

:praying
Old 01-20-2008, 02:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome back!
Old 01-20-2008, 02:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you are learning how to regulate your body.
Congratulations on your progress!
Old 01-20-2008, 02:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi again mate. I generally found day 8 to be as bad if not worse than day 2 as well. By 14 days I was usually significantly better, so much better....I would often drink!

Anyone who knows me will tell you I am usually the last person to mention AA, BUT I really advise you to go to some meetings early on, like as soon as you are physically capable. It worked for me, and to be honest I dont really do the AA thing anymore, however I owe AA a lot for getting me through the first few months.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hello r4m, glad to hear you're feeling better. I like picking at food throughout the day too, I like the thought of putting back all those nutrients. We actually do get paper plates (the plain white ones which you can get really cheaply) but thats coz we,ve got six cats and I don't like washing up either. (Us humans usually use the pottery ones).

Stone has a point, giving up is one thing, staying stopped is harder. Well, thats what I've found anyway.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back.

Good for you in listening to your body's needs.