Notices

well back again

Old 01-16-2008, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

well back again

:praying

well just a quick one 4th day off the dirty drink, feel bloody awful not as bad as day 2 but not that much better my sleep improved last night a little, eating cereal drinking juice have a cooked meal in the evening but have to eat just small amounts still feel like i am dying but i know it will pass really tired anxiety and panic attacks still driving me nuts shooting pains various parts of my body i spoke to the detox nurse who said i was over the dangerous bit the first 36 hours which is a relief but i still think the worst is going to happen well just thought i would keep the detox diary going pfffff dam drink stole my life and i want it back now its my turn to run it again
Old 01-16-2008, 06:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please do keep us updated...

Drink a lot of water
The less caffeine the better.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

welcome back!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

R4Me congrats on the 4 days, my real issues arose after the physical ones went away, the committee in my head would convince me that a drink was just the thing I needed to celebrate the fact that I was not an alcholic because I wasn't drinking and certainly this time I could control it!!!!

Some how or some way my disease was always gnawing at me, lying to me, calling me back like an old lover! I missed her, this dealing with emotions, guilt and shame about my past, those I had harmed screamed at me, overwhelmed me.

I sat on my pity pot thinking to myself "Is this sobriety thing really worth it?" This dealing with real life problems with a clear head sucked!!!! I had no idea how to function without an escape from life!!!! Why do things bother me so much now, when I was drinking things were a lot easier, the wife nagging, the boss griping, the kids bugging me, the damn traffic!!!! It just seemed so much easier just to have a few drinks and calm it all down.

What saved my butt was a program, a program that helped me deal with my past and to live in the present, a fellowship of people that were sober alcoholics who had been through what I was going through, that shared with me the things that worked for them to get through these times and also what did not work for them.

Getting sober I found is the easy part, staying sober is the hard part, at least at first, today thanks to the steps and the fellowship my life is easy now as long as I do what I need to do to maintain my present condition and keep the old thought processes away.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by recovery4me View Post
:praying
dam drink stole my life and i want it back now its my turn to run it again
No offence but, if your going to run it you are already screwed.:ghug3
Old 01-16-2008, 09:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

?

what do you mean exactley ?
Old 01-16-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

R4Me...what Zoobear means is......your inability to control your drinking shows that an alcoholic has difficulty running their life well.

In AA....they have found, that letting go of that kind of self control, and finding help outside of yourself tends to yeild better results in running ones life.

You'll learn about that thru the steps....are you planning to go to AA?
Old 01-16-2008, 09:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My take on that post was that we have been running our lives and the results are terrible (some worse than others), regardless, we are not content, happy, serene.

The thought that I just need to put some bandaids on and get back out there with the same mind that has led only to futility is not going to get anyone anywhere.

This isn't paintless dent removal, it's not getting back on the horse - it's giving up. In giving up we open ourselves - in being open we become willing - through willingness we take action - through action we get results.

My way hasn't worked if I am posting on this board.

Time to do it another way. Whatever that may be, as long as it isn't mine.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I don't think there is any need to turn recovery4me's diary into a recruitment drive for AA is there?

Hang in there mate, well done on day 4!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks freinds

i have started going to AA meetings on Monday and go again on Thursday i am past being shy in asking for help i have been all over the place looking for answers and ended back looking at the problem in the mirror but just have to keep pushing on will post again tomorrow,

thanks stone mate and everyone else for the encouraging words :puppet
Old 01-16-2008, 10:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 4. I know whenever I was coming off of one of my binges that I got into my own head a lot. Anxiety and nerves about to pop. Just hang in there and take it hour by hour if you have to. Best thing for me was to find relaxation through positive thinking, meaning just focus on what you can do and will do, not what you didn't do and havn't done. Some of my most emotional times have been when detoxing and it's not easy. But "feeling good" is right around the corner for ya. hang in there!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stone View Post
I don't think there is any need to turn recovery4me's diary into a recruitment drive for AA is there?

I was sharing my experience and point of view. AA was not even mentioned, but since you brought it up...

Perhaps it would be more helpful if I threw some nifty slogans out there?

Since you are going to AA -
Make sure you go to 90 meetings in 90 days.
Don't drink no matter what.
Let us love you if you can't love yourself.
Call someone before you drink.
Meeting makers make it.
Get a sponsor.
Good luck.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Keep going to those meetings my friend. We are all here to help ya if you need us.
Good luck!
Old 01-16-2008, 12:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stone View Post

Sorry about that. If I get one more member to join I get a years free membership!!
Old 01-16-2008, 02:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugErspun View Post
I was sharing my experience and point of view. AA was not even mentioned, but since you brought it up...
I didnt mean you.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

omg

oh no what have i done i seem to have started a street brawl on my detox diary thread page lets all make freinds we dont need anymore stress lol tomorrow is a new day and i am looking forward to it i know it will b rough again but a little better is still better in my book well i guess try and get some shut eye night
Old 01-16-2008, 03:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

My fault R4, sorry.

Hope you get some sleep mate. I remember how horrible you must be feeling, you don't have to go through it again.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

tazman

hi mate i was wondering how are you feeling now after 18 months of the poison:bounce
Old 01-17-2008, 05:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

R4Me, it has not been 18 months yet, but physically and mentally I feel great, I actually feel beeter about myself as a person then I have ever felt in my life. That is not an egotistical statement, towards the end of my drinking I hated myself, I viewed myself as a weak willed drunk, a liar and a cheat! There was really nothing I liked about myself, yet to have met me you would have thought me someone who was full of their self. I was a egotist with an inferiority complex!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You know..since you ask "How it feels?"

I have come to a pretty crazy realization (crazy in the sense that it goes against my typical thinking).

How I 'feel' - really doesn't seem that important anymore.

How is life? - pretty much good. In this moment, it is actually perfect.

How is that for sobriety?