Notices

Hello old friends and new

Old 01-15-2008, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello old friends and new

Hi All,

It’s been a while since I’ve posted, but I have been here. I just wanted to let ya’ll know I’m alive and well, been doing pretty good since the holidays. I’m coming up on two years here at SR, and want to thank each of you that come here and take the time to share your personal experiences. It really helps those of us “tweeners”, who know where we need to be, but are just not ready or fully able to get there 100%.

I’m happy for the some of you that have been around as long or longer than me, and seem to be doing real well as of late. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one who seems to be riding the “short bus” to recovery.

My hat is off to you few that threw it out and never looked back! I think that is so wonderful, to read about the dramatic changes in your life. It’s all so encouraging, it’s all good!

To you new comers, even if your not ready, or it doesn’t work the first 100 times you try, keep coming back here from time to time, and keep reading. It does work, sooner or later.

Wishing you all a happy and prosperous New Year (sorry I’m a little late with that).

Oh, and my apologies to those who own stock in various wineries and distilleries, I feel somewhat responsible for the depressed prices as of late. Tip-Invest in health foods!

Steve
Old 01-15-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back Steve!
Old 01-15-2008, 08:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome back Steve, as with millions of others, I have found that the only way to victory over alcohol was to surrender to the winning side.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys,

Nice to hear from you both. I have been following the forums, just havn't had much to add lately.

Taz, I know there is no winning, my surrender may just be more of a of a truce. Detente may be a better word for it at the moment. (I know you are old enough to remember who and when that word became popular).

Whatever, I know what works for me, and as you say of your fav program, it works when I work it. When I stop working it, it stops working.

For now, I'm working it, for now, it's the best I can do.

Best!
Steve
Old 01-15-2008, 03:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Steve,

It's good to see you back.

You're doing the best you can do and that's great. Remember that recovery is a long road. We are all on the same road, but we're at different places and we're just where we should be.