Notices

jeeeeez

Old 01-14-2008, 05:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

jeeeeez

well day 2 of trying not to drink bad nights sleep woke up sweating now 1.00 pm uk time hot and cold sweats anxiety feel like i am dying really awfull, so tired aswell ate a cheese roll and had a vitamin pill for lunch, just hope i get through today i have to break this hellish cycle, need my life back i want to go to a AA meeting tonight i just think i feel to poorly and i dont feel like i want to drive anyway (sigh):praying
Old 01-14-2008, 05:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Banned Troll

They told me putting the plug in the jug is number one on my list of things to do in recovery. As far as getting to the Mtg, if there was a bottle waiting for me when I got there you can bet sick or not I'd be there. I went to any lengths to ruin my life, I'm willing to go to any lengths to save it.

There are certain exceptions are you to sick to drive could you possibly be risking your life or the lives of others by being on the road. If you can say yes then stay home, if you can say no get your rear in gear and get your butt to a mtg
Old 01-14-2008, 05:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

recovery4me why not call the AA hotline in your area, there is a good chance someone would be more then happy to give you a ride!

The best way for an alcoholic to stay sober is to help another alcoholic get or stay sober! In AA I have given folks rides to meetings, it is what we do, we help each other.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please read the top sticky for de tox information.

I can no longer drive and I've never missed a
meeting I wanted to attend.
II have used taxis ...buses...family...neighbors
and most of all....my AA friends for rides.

Take care...you too can find sobriety.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

day 3 sober

well guys n gals managed to drag myself to the AA meeting at 8 last night was going ok but was in a severe amount of panick and anxiety but stayed till the end at 10 pm, then i was leaving and had pains in my chest so i went to the hospital round the corner sounds silly i know, sat their for a minute then went back to AA and spoke to the nurse and she said i am experiancing normal detox symtoms and if anything bad was going to happen by just stopping drinking with no reducing or meds she said it would of happened in the first 48 hour wich made me feel the tinyist ammount better still thought it was the end thoe so went home managed to eat a little but i was in a state of panick crazy thoughts sweats chills just got in bed and waited to die really was awfull got to sleep about 3 am i think then woke at seven then got up eventually at 10.30 feel a little better was surprised i woke up just really tired aswell the nurse told me to get my drink councellor to put me on libriam she said their is no need to suffer that much but i will see what she says, well thought u would sharemy detox diary with u all i know it has to get worse before it will get better and thats hard to imagine but thats a alcoholics life i guess

i wouldnt recomend anyone doing their detox like me without profesional help its dangerous and pure hell just i couldnt reduce or get into a clinic for a long time and was at the end of my teather !!!!!!!!!!

:ghug:ghug

Last edited by recovery4me; 01-15-2008 at 03:43 AM. Reason: missed info
Old 01-15-2008, 03:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3! It does get better, just ride out the storm. You are moving in the right direction!
Old 01-15-2008, 03:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Hang in there r4me!!! Did you get any phone numbers at the AA meeting? If you did why not call some of them. When I give some one my number I want them to call me, you see not only do I want to be of service to them, but they are helping me to stay sober when they call me.