Notices

So Stressed

Old 12-18-2007, 04:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

The list is not so long now. I guess the alcoholic mind always looks for a catastrophe.

it sure does if we don`t take control of our mind..left to it`s own devices,we will go crazy...worring over things we cannot change

seems like the old slogan,this too shall pass is true

hang in there,one day at a time
Old 12-20-2007, 05:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

heya Bobnik - you hangin' in?>
Old 12-20-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Bob,

Thinking of you in your hard times. Please don't drink, it will inevitably add to that list, and break the hearts of those on it. I'm praying for health and happiness and job security for you and your family. You're a tough cookie dealing with all that.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

hey bob - that's a LOT of stuff to deal with right now. things will get better, hang in there. it's only natural to think of an escape, but keep talking and reaching out. you're a survivor!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Things are looking up. Still a few bridges to cross - but I have the strength now. Thanks to all for the support and prayers. SR is a great place. Will post again when further results are known. Reading the BB, posting, praying, meditating, sharing - got me through!
I DID NOT DRINK ON IT ALL - THE MOMENT HAS PASSED - MY SPIRIT IS STRONG AGAIN!!!!8
Old 12-20-2007, 09:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

THE MOMENT HAS PASSED
Cliches although initially being found annoying and repeatative when the crap starts to hit the fan do hold true, other wise they would not become cliches.

So glad that things are getting back to where you need them to be.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Easy? Heck no!!!! Darn tough, but not as hard as trying to get sober again.
(
Right on, Taz~

Bobnick,

Thank you for coming here witth your worries. As someone else said earlier on in the thread, you just made a great list of reasons NOT to drink.

When I feel stressed, it is due to my tendency to "make the wrong list". That means I mentally list in numerous detail ALL of my problems, woes, irritations, vexations, agitations, injustices etc (which, without recovery, used to be excuses to drink, to isolate or to otherwise numb out).

In recovery, I am learning the power in making the right list, in this case, a gratitude list. For, a grateful heart does not drink.

With whats going on in your life, what things are there that you are grateful for? I see so much good going on for you. Your sobriety, for one thing. Your loving family, for another. Christmas (no bah humbugs!) a time for love and togetherness. Your sober friends in fellowship who care about you and who will pray for your familys' health...

what else? what did i miss?
Old 12-21-2007, 09:59 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by miss communicat View Post
In recovery, I am learning the power in making the right list, in this case, a gratitude list. For, a grateful heart does not drink.

My lists tend to be all the things I need to do and get done and catch up on.. usually not including sitting with a good book or pondering what I've acheived. And I am a high strung anxious kind of person...

I like the thought of just relaxing with the right list. Thanks.

And I hope you are hanging in there bobnik.