Notices

feeling a bit better thanks to time and work

Old 12-14-2007, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling a bit better thanks to time and work

starting to feel a bit better this week after the loss of my cat almost two weeks ago. have been crying less and laughing more. work and my co-workers has been my salvation. i just watch them and listen to their lighthearted jokes (they're all so clever, smart and witty!) and enjoy the moments with them. half of them are alcoholics in denial (guess that's typical in the restaurant/bar biz!), but they're quite loveable and charming just the same.

tomorrow is nine weeks for me!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry about the loss of your cat. My daughter brought home a new kitten this summer and she was just a delight. Unfortunately, when we took her to be spayed in October, she died when going under the anesthesia. My wife called and told me when I was out of town at work and she was just crying. I had to leave and go to my car so I wouldn't cry in front of the guys at the plant.

I really do understand your pain. Hang in there.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better. I still can't imagine having a toothache and heartache (from losing my cat) at the same time, much less what you were dealing with.

Congratulations on your clean time!!!

pointmagnet - so sorry about your kitten.....just adorable!! We have 4 cats and a chihuahua in our house - they're all my furbabies. I have had cats for 20 years, several of them gone, and I still miss them.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-14-2007, 10:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I'm sorry about your cat's death. It's amazing how we fall in love with them.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pointmagnet View Post
I'm so sorry about the loss of your cat. My daughter brought home a new kitten this summer and she was just a delight. Unfortunately, when we took her to be spayed in October, she died when going under the anesthesia. My wife called and told me when I was out of town at work and she was just crying. I had to leave and go to my car so I wouldn't cry in front of the guys at the plant.

I really do understand your pain. Hang in there.

i'm crying looking at pictures of your beautiful kitten. i can't believe you lost her during such a routine procedure. i'm so, so sorry for your loss. your family must be devastated. i don't even know what to say....it takes time to heal. i hope you will give another kitten a good home again soon, they bring so much joy. thank you for sharing the pictures, again, she is beautiful.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes....it's so painful when our pets die.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 12-14-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Way To Go shugabooga!
9 weeks is a solid start!!

Old 12-14-2007, 10:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

I still think about and miss the animals I have had in my life. I have been told that I am better with animals than people. I think that is because I can relate to them more. They don't judge me, they are happy to see me no matter what, they snuggle, they are always ready with a kiss, when I feel bad they stay close and quiet, their love is enduring, and many other reasons.

The dog that is my avatar I had to put to sleep almost 4 years ago. She was 14. Had the most wonderful personality.

The way I look at animals and the fact that in comparision to our lives theirs are so short it:
Their lives are so short so we have the opportunity to share our lives with different animals. I am fortunate for the opportunity to have met and loved the animals in my life. No regrets, just fond memories.

Take care. Glad you are here.