SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Holiday Mail Box (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/138857-holiday-mail-box.html)

CarolD 12-10-2007 05:32 AM

Holiday Mail Box

Thank y'all for helping me stay in recovery!
It's a joy to be here with you.

Please add your thoughts or plans
or holiday wishes on this thread

:laughing:.....An open letter for everyone!

:Val004:

CarolD 12-10-2007 05:42 AM

Me?

My apartment is decorated....
Gifts ready to go...
Our AA Christmas dinner is Sat.

Ho! Ho! Ho! my cyber friends!

Signal30 12-10-2007 05:43 AM

Well lets see. I pray that all in recovery remain sober, and Serene. I pray that all can see that Christmas is a time for helping, loving, caring, and the sharing of goodwill to all family, friends, and strangers. It doesent matter what religion you are.

I look forward to spending Christmas with my family, and AA family. I have received many gifts that cannot be wrapped. It's amazing when giving back into AA you get back so much more.

I do not wish, but pray that everyone has a fantastic holiday season.

Tom

Tazman53 12-10-2007 05:57 AM

I pray that all of those who seek a sober and Happy have one.

This year I will be helping with our areas Alcathon, meetings 24 hours a day starting the 23rd and ending on the 26th, 8 speaker meetings, lots of food and fellowship for all over the Holidays.

tkdan 12-10-2007 02:39 PM

I want to enjoy a sober Christmas with my family. Feeling the joy that comes with Christmas. I'm hoping eveyone here has a safe and sober holiday. Merry Christmas, and thanks for the support.

shaktee 12-10-2007 03:43 PM

I wish nothing but the best for everyone here... and their loved ones. A safe, joyous, happy and sober holiday... to enjoy what we have, while we have it.

Dee_Sober4today 12-10-2007 03:56 PM

Concentrating on giving Sean a very merry Christmas!
Part of that will be the gift of having a sober Mom!!
You guys have been a major part of my recovery and for that I am VERY grateful.
Joy...overwhelming JOY is what I wish for each and every one of you!!
Merry CHRISTmas!!!!

kelsh 12-10-2007 05:32 PM

Happy Holidays......

I haven't done a thing for Christmas. My husband bought our six year old's gifts when at WalMart with our daughter so just have to wrap them. :Dance7:

I want to go to the $1 store to get some silly stocking stuffers.
I don't get great big in the Christmas season...do have some fun things to put out. We don't put up a tree anymore...put up a ice skating rink that the grandkids like to change around. :atv

I wish everyone here a BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS and a good 12 months in the next year of 2008. :ghug

Here's to a Safe, Sane, & Sober Holiday Season for all of us!!!!!

kelsh

Elizabeth2007 12-13-2007 05:31 AM

Christmas YAY!

This my first sober Christmas. I'm loving it. I got all my Christmas shopping done by November, the house was decorated the day after Thanksgiving, we have Yankee Candle's with holiday toppers all over the house smelling like pine trees and holiday scents. The Nativity is center stage awaiting the arrival of baby Jesus on Christmas Eve and the wisemen to come after. The children seem happier than they've ever been. My husband is so relaxed and joyful.

I have never had such clarity of mind and peace in my spirit. I truly feel the joy of the season. Yes I still struggle and yes I'm very much working through the issues that drove me to my alcoholism in the first place, but God is working miracles in my family and inside my heart.

I am so thankful for my life and that I can truly enjoy Christmas for the first time since early adolescence.

I pray that everyone here feel the same joy and peace and love this Christmas season and always.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...hristmas_l.jpg

Love and cheer, :Val004:

Elizabeth

trytrytry 12-13-2007 01:10 PM

Your a constant here. Its always nice to see your screename when I log on, however long its been. Thanks.

scaredykat 12-13-2007 09:49 PM

Merry Christmas

This will be my first sober Christmas in a very long time. I'm looking forward to being with my family and my friends in the AA rooms. I'm debating whether to go to church or not. I'm still struggling with that, but i do have a HP and pray everyday to him to keep me sober for the day.

I pray all of you have a safe, sober and Happy Christmas!!!

Barb

collinsmi 12-14-2007 05:52 AM

Celebrating with friends the Friday before (working Christmas). Thank you Carol, and everyone else on here for being part of my recovery!

barb dwyer 12-14-2007 09:31 PM

I've spent over a week trying to figure out how to put decorations from my OLD place ... into where I live now ... amazing how that stumped me this year.

Plans?

Midnight Christmas Eve meeting ...
all day the next day at the neighbor's house with her extended family, dinner, gifts, and the like.

I've been sober for a year and four months ...
I barely remember last Christmas.
I know I was saturated in the Fellowship... but I barely remember it.