Notices

one of the many lessons i have learned.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

one of the many lessons i have learned.

hi all....day #6 for me again....and i am doing ok so far....what still amazes me is the effect alchohol has on your,'sober times" of the day...i'd drink alone,at night,and it has its affect on me,physically and emotionally......but,i am now realizing what effect my evening drinking had on my daytime hours.....when i was drinking at night,i'd be angry,anxious,bitter,untrusting toward people,and blame everyone else for my troubles.....even after only 6 days,i feel alot calmer and way more patient with the people in my life.Part of my justification for my drinking was,"it's only for a few hours a day...and i am only hurting myself".......I was hurting others,because my,"day face".......had everything to do with my"night face"......and how i felt about MYSELF.....it had very little to do with anyone else,or anything else that happened to be going on during the day.
Like i said,another lesson learned......i am not ashamed of myself when i stay sober....and i REALLY like feeling this way.
Hope everyone has a good day today....and thanks for you all being here.We are all a,"work in progress",aren't we?KT
Old 12-03-2007, 03:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

For me...the sober woman is
who I desired to be
when I was a drinker.

Sobriety Rocks!
Old 12-03-2007, 03:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can relate, my anxiety level decreases daily, I've only been making an effort for about two weeks but now I know where the anxiety came from. Drinking really messes with emotions.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

For me trying to get sober my way and constantly relapsing messed with my emotions sober or drunk! I reached the point when I was trying to quit my way and getting drunk again over and over again of hating myself!!! I hated myself because I had been able to do everything in my life my way successfully, my will power ruled!!!!

Alcohol proved to me after 100s of relapses that my way, my will power alone was incapable of keeping me sober.
Once I admitted that I was powerless over alcohol and I needed help because my way did not work, I was able to reach out for help, I learned how millions of other people had gotten and stayed sober. They did not do it my way, they did not do it thier way, they followed the path that millions of others had followed to sobriety and it worked for them and it worked for me!

Once I figured out that my way did not work I also figured out that there were rooms full of people who had found a way that did work and they were more then willing to show me the path they followed..... I WAS NOT ALONE!!!!

I Learned that I needed to try ways other then the ways I was trying unsuccessfully until I found a way that did work, and the way I found was the way that millions of others had found.