Notices

Nightmare

Old 11-25-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nightmare

Why do I remember that nightmare every year? My husband died Nov. 28 1990 and in Nov of 2000 I lost it. I do not know if it was John's death or what. I was homeless for two months. I ran away from my family. In dec of 2000 I had one very strong drink and that was the last drink I had.

It brings me to tears every year thinking about it. At one point I thought I was going to freeze to death. My family would not help me after I left. I went to homeless shelters.

I try to look at the bright side because I am sober today because of that nightmare. My quit day should be a good day to remember but it is not for me. Just wish that memory would fade even a little. Just wanted to tell someone my feelings because I do not want to talk to my family about it anymore. It just hurts this time of year.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((((((((((Comet))))))))))), sending you a hug. Your not alone. This time of year hurts for me too. CAnt clost the door to the past, just learn from it. Because of that awful day 7 years ago, you got sober. Something great came from something awful, which is the only way people get sober.

Lean into the pain.....it wont kill you, but will make you stronger. It will pass. I promise.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

(+) (+) (+)
Hugs and Prayers for your peace
Old 11-25-2007, 02:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My prayers are with you peace. My heart hurts at this time of year also..
Old 11-25-2007, 05:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all for reading and understanding. I thought maybe someone would say get over it, but you did not. And I thank you for that.

If that did not happen to me I would not be where I am at today. Some how, I believe that John's death saved my life.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes things happen that are tragic and end up being an answer that we were looking for.

I am sorry that you still feel the sadness and pain from this time of the year, but hopefully as time goes by, the feelings will lessen.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

This is a very hard time of year for us.

This is the season that more of us do harm to ourselves than any other.
The majority of us either go back out, or do far worse durning the 'holiday' season.
Personally - I think it's the music.

In my opinion, this is the time of year we need to stick together like ... well, like ... we've never stuck to others ... to get each other through this season of 'joy' and 'jolliness' ... shyeah.

Actually, I LOVE the time of year ...
just not all the emotional crap everyone hangs on it.

So you, my dear are not alone - you are in the right place!!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 11:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((((Comet)))))
Thank you for sharing about the pain that brought you to sobriety. One of the tough things I find about sobriety is dealing with my emotions, especially when I think of the hurt I've felt in the past. I can't say I know exactly how you feel, but I do know that it's an inspiration to hear from someone who has stayed sober for 7 years. I wish you many more sober days. I hope you never have to hit the bottom again.
peace be with you,
chip
Old 11-26-2007, 03:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Comet time takes time........ it will lessen day by day, never to be forgotten, but less of a crushing memory with time. The 28th is a good day for me, my sponsor;s sobriety date is the 28th 19 years ago and my little brother was born on the 28th 51 years ago.

Comet here is a hug for you ((((((Comet))))))