Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Feeling better- amazing what a meating and sharing can do!

Notices

Old 11-17-2007, 04:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
"Grateful to be Sober."

Hi all,
Just want to say a HUGE thanks to all the helpful and supportive comments left for my last (v low) thread. Im happy to say that i've come out of that tho. So so so glad i didnt drink last night- i was close to. But the fact is i didnt and this morning i cried with the relief of it. I thank all of you, A.A and my H.P for keeping me strong. I really enjoyed my mtngs last night- and shared too about how crappy i was feeling. I know now why my sponser is always saying i should. I do feel so better after sharing. I have also spoke with sponser about my fear of ringing her for help (even tho i know thats what she wants to do!) so we've arranged i call her a certain time everyday to get more comfortable with it.

Im off to do my third step today at my sponsers house. Im really loking forward to doing it. V. nervous about my inventory but looking forward to being able to get rid of all the crap in my head. I need to get rid of it. I hope everyone is ok today. I flike me you find it hard to call people or find it hard to share, please do it anyway- feel the fear, but go on to do it anway!- as they say. It's hard but how good you feel after is always worth the initial fear. Also people pointed out to me on this site- by sharing it helps the person you share to too. It's part of recovery- helping others. Thanks again for everyones support- don't know what i'd do without this site!
Old 11-17-2007, 05:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thats great Mandi! Its such a relief when we get through those bad times isnt it?
Old 11-17-2007, 05:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mandi,

I love to wake up and read posts such as yours...

:morning
Old 11-17-2007, 05:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

God does for us what we cannot do for ourselves.

All we have to do is maintain that desire to not drink.

Tom
Old 11-17-2007, 10:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done, Mandi.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Old 11-17-2007, 01:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"At a certain point in the drinking of every alcoholic, he passes into a state where the most powerful desire to stop drinking is of absolutely no avail. This tragic situation has already arrived in practically every case long before it is suspected"

Alcoholics Anonymous pg. 24

The only requirment to be a member (the desire to stop drinking) is not the only requirment to stay sober.

How did Step 3 go?
Old 11-17-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It is a wonderful thing to see the programme at work!

You are doing great , keep on doing what you are doing !

HUGX
Leigh
Old 11-18-2007, 02:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
"Grateful to be Sober."

Hiya,
Thankyou for your comments - it's really nice to read over such supportive posts It sure was a relief 'stone' lol! Sugerspun- my third step went really well. After i felt - well i cant really explain how i feel. Just lighter i suppose- like some of the crappy baggage has gone. Im happy Now im eager to get on with this inventory! (and a little worried of course!) I know it'll help me though.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You're an example and an inspiration Mandi - and don't you forget it! Thanks for YOUR share - helping to keep ME sober!