Notices

Ω 11-9-07 the end

Old 11-12-2007, 06:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh, like the end of drinking? Got it.

I'd say go with an Alpha, the beginning of sobriety!
Old 11-12-2007, 06:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
outtahere

You might want to take some phosphorus for the nightmares. It really helped me. If you cant find it at the health food store there is a lot of it in coconut creme pudding and that is a pretty nice way to get it too.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
ready for help

Hi Linoleum. Listen, I am an ER RN. I am also an alcoholic. Mostly a daily 3-4 beer drinker, binges 2-3 x a week where I blackout. I am most concerned about your DT's. Many people in DT's need some sort of benzo, ie ativan to ward off seizures. I hope you do not live alone, and if things get bad, please do call 911. I have seen people start to seize while drunk, all the way up to 3-4 weeks after quitting. Not trying to scare you, but the benzodiazepines (ativan etc) work on the same receptor area in the brain as alcohol. Hang in there, please do see a doc. God knows there are LOTS of docs that are alcoholics too, getting treatment, they understand more than you might think. And the ER docs see it all the time, they/we will treat you anytime. Be good to yourself...
Shari
Old 11-12-2007, 07:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
RJS

Originally Posted by linoleum View Post
There WONT be a next time.
Lin, there will be a next time. Just like there was a time before and a time before that. That's why they call it 'alcoholism'. I hope you can see that for yourself. Maybe a couple more times around will convince you.
There is a solution, and a way out when you are truly finished.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Gold Member

RJS, he just has to do this thing one day at a time.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
sober

Exclamation

Originally Posted by RJS View Post
Maybe a couple more times around will convince you.
There is a solution, and a way out when you are truly finished.
"If people were all the same we would migrate like penguins." How do YOU know im truly NOT finished? Pretty presumptious.

Originally Posted by zoomer View Post
RJS, he just has to do this thing one day at a time.

Thanks for the support zoomer ; }
Old 11-12-2007, 10:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
outtahere

Originally Posted by readytorecover View Post
Hi Linoleum. Listen, I am an ER RN. I am also an alcoholic. Mostly a daily 3-4 beer drinker, binges 2-3 x a week where I blackout. I am most concerned about your DT's. Many people in DT's need some sort of benzo, ie ativan to ward off seizures. I hope you do not live alone, and if things get bad, please do call 911. I have seen people start to seize while drunk, all the way up to 3-4 weeks after quitting. Not trying to scare you, but the benzodiazepines (ativan etc) work on the same receptor area in the brain as alcohol. Hang in there, please do see a doc. God knows there are LOTS of docs that are alcoholics too, getting treatment, they understand more than you might think. And the ER docs see it all the time, they/we will treat you anytime. Be good to yourself...
Shari
Just beware of taking benzodiazepines (benzos) too long or too much if a doctor puts you on them.

Benzos can be as bad or worse than alcohol to withdraw from and in no way should benzos be taken while drinking alcohol or vice versa.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:04 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
sober

Day 4

Day 4 bring on the feast
Been watching a bunch of movies and staying hydrated. Went out front of my house and raked a little leaves. I plan on going to a meet today and trying not to eat to much to quick and same with the fluids. Thanx all -L
Old 11-13-2007, 05:05 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Lino I went through medical detox, you need to see a doctor ASAP, I was into my 3-4 day range when I "STARTED" the shakes and they had me loaded up with all kinds of vitamins, blood pressure, & anti seizure meds, they upped the dosage on the anti-siezure meds to keep me from doing the DTs.

Everyone is different when they detox, but most people do not have the BAD DTs start to set in until day 3-5. Detox can and does kill due to both blood pressure and DTs. Go to a doctor, go to an AA meeting and let some of the old timers know, they will tell you to get to a doctor.

You are in my prayers.