Notices

Anger

Old 11-13-2007, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JRock

Anger is the result of fear. I was overwhelmed with it when I came in. I seemed to dissipate a little after I got a sponsor, and then as a result of working through the steps it doesn't overwhelm me as much as it used to. It is part of life, but the steps offer a way to live a way in which they don't drive my life anymore, what a gift.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tunafish View Post
Hello. I'm ten days sober and feeling really angry today. Did not want to go to my meeting but I did. When to my meeting to listen to some guy with 1 year sober spend all the time talking about his dumb halloween party and what the kids were dressed like. I don't know why I'm angry all this stuff is overwhelming I just wanted to go home today and get drunk. So I went to the meeting instead which actually helped. Meetings do really help me. It's kinda exhausting to think of all the meetings and all the thinking and time. I'm also angry I'm this way. I feel like I'm mad at the world. My poor children are going to hate me by the time I get through all of this.
wow that feels good thanks for listening
Trina
Let me tell you honestly - as someone who lost BOTH their parents to alcoholism when I was in my teens - your children will THANK you!!! And even if they don't, keep in mind that they are so much better off having you around then having you die from this horrible disease. Personally, me and my two sisters are traumatized for life after losing both our parents. The fact that you are still around and still able to stop this before it is too late is a HUGE thing.