Notices

White Chip Tonight

Old 11-06-2007, 04:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gold Member

Well done!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

LL, it may have different meanings in different places. I think they are referring to a white chip that someone picks up in honor of 24hours sober. In meetings I go to, various chips are handed out at certain meetings but they start at one month sober and go up to a year, following which everyone with more than a year is asked to raise hands to show that it works.

Earthmama, congrats to you and keep comin'; it works if you work it.

Blessings from the Snowgoose.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

My white chip is still my most important chip. Without 24 hours at a time, I would not be here today. It helps me remeber that I only have to do today. Tomorrow is tomorrow and yesterday I can not change.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

LL the white chip in my area is viewed as a commitment to starting on a new way of life sober, or to recognize the first 24 hours of sobriety. I always carry one with me, I view it as the last line of defense against a drink, because I always try and pay with exact change and pulling that chip out may just remind me of where I came from and what I am about to throw away.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Snow,

You could inspire someone with that chip.

A has her one year medallion hanging on her key fob. I went to Blockbuster and had her keys. As I was walking to the car, a woman came over and told me that she noticed the medallion, and could I tell her where a meeting was cause she was new in town. I didn't have a book on me, but I told her how to find meetings online.

I was having a bad day and was craving a drink. That really helped me, and hopefully it helped her!

So, yeah, keep taking that chip out!

Karen

Last edited by NOMOMERLOTMAMMA; 11-07-2007 at 07:37 PM. Reason: cause I highjacked the thread..sorry!