Notices

results

Old 11-02-2007, 11:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

results

Only by the Grace of God and the power of prayer and faith, all of my labs and ultrasounds were within normal limits. Since the doctor knew my complete history (I told him all the ugly truth), he told me it was no less than a miracle. He was somewhat surprised (especially with the right sided pain)...said it must have been divine intervention. I literally got down on my knees with thanks. I was almost euphoric with relief. Felt like I could've flown to my office to begin my day! :bounce

Despite my happiness, I know that I will continue to carry the burden of alcoholism with me. I am far from being out of the woods...may never be out of the woods. I have a fear that at any given time it could be quite easy to relapse. I know. I've been there, and ignorantly ignored the disease until I had the "huge, painful wake-up call". I want to always remember that day, the discomfort, the fear, the humiliation. It could have been easy to keep on drinking. I almost cherish what happened to me. I'm so happy I had to be scared witless for 5 days, wondering what the course of my health would be, wondering how the heck I was going to tell my husband, embarrassed when I told my friends and doctor. How awful this disease is. It robs you of everything, and then holds you prisoner.

My doctor wants me to follow up with him in one month. I will continue to post here, to track my sobriety and offer any help and support to others. This site is an amazing source of hope, support and education. I told my doc about it, and told him to pass it onto other patients.

Thank you, God and SR posters
Old 11-02-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you! Stay strong and remember where you came from!
Old 11-02-2007, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad the results were okay.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that God gave me another chance and I really don't want to blow it because if I go back out there, I might not get another one.

Hugs and prayers!!

Amy
Old 11-02-2007, 12:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know, Amy. That's exactly the way I feel. If I go back, I'll never make it out. I loved the escape and haze that alcohol gave me, but looking at my family and life through clear lenses is a much better high. I know I'll struggle every day, but I'm willing to fight.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you!!! It really is the fight OF our life and FOR our life.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-02-2007, 01:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Whoa! Many many of us do not struggle or
see our alcoholism as a burden.

My recovery is about joy and service to others.
It's about freedom from shame and a fantastic sober life.
This can be true for anyone!!

Good to know your test came out in your favor.
Now....do you have a plan?

Blessings
Old 11-02-2007, 01:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Carol -

I didn't mean it to come out as a negative. I actually look at it as a "fight" in the way that I DO deserve to be happy and be of help to others. Honestly, the only thing I "fight" these days is negative thoughts (which come less frequently the more I recover) and trying to stay away from toxic people and situations.

Sorry it came out the wrong way.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-02-2007, 01:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Amy...
Thanks but I was not fussing at anyone.

Just wanted to share my experiences.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

the Grace of God...please try to keep your gratitude fresh...it will help you stay sober.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

*Whew*, FLgal, that is indeed good news. What a wake-up call! It has the ring of divine intervention, who knows. At any rate, I sure hope you join us in sobriety One Day at a Time and if you choose, work the program of AA which helps us retread our thinking. Not meaning to be pushy about AA - it's just that in the end it was the only thing that worked for me. Something about making that committment even though I didn't tell anyone about it at first, made it a reality..... that and asking my Higher Power for help in my abject misery.

Thanks so much for the update.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(AKA FL gal)
Carol,
I view alcoholism as the burden I've carried for 5 years, a tremendous emotional, physical and mental burden I've kept hidden. I'm happy that it's out in the open. I've fessed up to my hubby and friends, and plan to make amends.

A struggle...yes, I've struggled with this burden, fighting within myself to admit that I'm an alcoholic and it will continue to be a struggle to remain sober. I think that any alcoholic struggles. I'm new at this, but I do see much joy ahead of me on the road to recovery.

My plan is take one day at a time, stay sober one day at a time and begin AA meetings. Have the schedule in front of me.

Thanks to everyone for the good thoughts.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Best wishes CC ...
Sounds as tho you do have a plan.