Notices

Any good meeting suggestions in these areas?

Old 11-02-2007, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Any good meeting suggestions in these areas?

I will be taking an Alaskan cruise in July. Yes, I am planning ahead. Figure since there is a lot of alcohol on these things I should probably make sure I get to meetings along the way. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions about some good A.A. meetings along the way. I will be making stops in Junea, Alaska; Skagway, Alaska; Ketchikan, Alaska; Victoria, British Columbia; and departing/arriving from Seattle, Washington.

Any suggestions would be great. I know I can go online and find meetings there but would like your suggestions regarding what meetings are the best to go to in these areas.

Thanks. Judith
Old 11-02-2007, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I have not traveled in that direction.

When I worked for a travel agency
our clients had a blast on such cruises.
Enjoy!
Old 11-02-2007, 02:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Although I have not been on a cruise, I understand from those in recovery who have that there are meetings on the ship ...
Old 11-02-2007, 03:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There are definitely meetings onboard - I know friends who went on an Alaskan cruise last year and that's where they hit theirs. Enjoy!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

nandm, I'm going on a cruise next month to slightly warmer destinations and from what I can tell there are usually meetings onboard but it can be hit or miss as to whether anyone shows up to them.

Good luck!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Perhaps northbelle will pop in and give you some suggestions.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 11-02-2007, 09:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If there are no meetings posted in the cruise agenda that you get each day, I would suggest seeing if they have a bulletin board where people post messages for friends. You can always post a message for "a friend of Bill W to call your room". Or have them announce on the PA system for a friend of Bill W to call your room. You will meet a friend that you have known all of your life.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I haven't been on an Alaska Cruise but have been to Alaska twice on the Ferry from Bellingham through Canada...but we didn't stop in one port long enough to go to a meeting. Actually, they had one lounge on the Ferry and very few people gathered there.

We drove to Alaska the next time to see our oldest son and his family in Fairbanks. We went again this summer but flew from Spokane to Seattle to Ancourage to Fairbanks. Seattle was the worst place ever....the SeaTac Airport doesn't know one hand from the other some of the time.

It was hot and beautiful while we were there in July. They flew down to see us in September and it was already freezing some at night. My son works in Fort Knox Gold Mine and loves it. They have some property and are building a home on it.

kelsh
Old 11-02-2007, 11:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Wow. Thank you to everyone who responded. I am actually going with several people but only one does not drink and is in A.A. Although everyone going knows I am an alcoholic and so that part should not be a problem. I just want to do what I can to ensure I plan ahead so I have a solution if I run into any problem. The good thing is I haven't had cravings in over 6 years so other than a fleeting thought I should be okay in that respect. I do know that meetings help keep me grounded and I need all the grounding I can get some days.

Thanks again.
Judith