SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   need to vent (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/135915-need-vent.html)

comeclean 11-01-2007 03:00 PM

need to vent

Today, my patience is very short...feel like I'm strung tight. I leave a very stressful job, and come home to the boys' homework (way too much!), their attitude, have to do laundry and dinner...and I just want to snap. Deep breaths. So, I chucked the above and came here to vent. I expected to have some days like this, and I know it's certainly not the last. Hope y'all don't mind my "gritchin" (combo of griping and bitching). I try not to use bad words, but what the hell. SR is my sounding board, I guess. Hopefully, this too shall pass.

comeclean 11-01-2007 03:00 PM

forgot to remind you that I'm FLgal.

Jfanagle 11-01-2007 03:27 PM

Florida Gal/CC: Regardless of where you reside, you sound like a typical HUMAN BEING that has had a bad day. I always get very irritated when the rest of the world doesn't respect the difficult time I have had getting and being sober these past few years. HOW DID THEY NOT GET THE MESSAGE that I would appreciate a little perfection in my life? I looked many times for the 800 number in the Big Book of AA that I could call and complain, but it is not to be found!!

End of story. However, at least you are sober enough to see all the frustration and foolishness around you!!

Keep up the good work,

Jon

comeclean 11-01-2007 04:08 PM

Thanks Jfanagle. That makes sense. Maybe it seems like I'm hyperaware of everything right now. It doesn't help that I'm on-call 24/7, and the phone is constantly ringing. Also, my doctor left a message on my cell, reminding me of my important appt in the am. Geez. I've read almost all the threads here in the last year, and I'm wondering if staying sober gets easier as time goes on. I know I'm really a newbie, and I have a very long way to go.

Signal30 11-01-2007 04:10 PM

I have MANY days when my son is not acting like his usual angel self. I walk away, say a quick prayer, and dive right back into the tasks. It actually works.

Tom

Pinkcuda 11-01-2007 05:15 PM

Pause when agitated! This is the preferred method of dealing with this. Sometimes I need to pause so much that I need someone to come by and dust me off every now and then. You're doing fine, hang in there.

CarolD 11-01-2007 05:23 PM

Prayer helps me immensley CC
:hug:

Hope 11-01-2007 06:44 PM

Definitely prayer. That does work. I saw it in action earlier.

Keep talking it out. Do not let it build up.

Pause for a few moments and allow yourself to breathe.

Life can be overwhelming but you can face it without alcohol.

Zoobear 11-02-2007 05:53 AM

Go to a meeting!

snowgoose 11-02-2007 09:25 AM

Hi, CC: :ghug from the Snowgoose.