Notices

Litte by little

Old 10-22-2007, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Litte by little

Hi George| Good for you to recognize that you have an issue. Alcohol is only part of it. When I drank it relieved me of the reality of life and the wreckage I had created. When I stopped drinking alcohol "on my own" I to became depressed, suicidal,perinoid all the bad stuff that drove me to drink again.(erritable,restless,discontent)WE have to remember that we did not become alcoholics overnight!!!. So to we have to accept the fact that to reverse the thrust in or actions is going to tate time.Going to AA, getting a sponser, joining a group preferably near where you live, and getting "ACTIVE" in that group, you will become a part of the "Solution" rather than the "problem" wecome newcomers at the door,they are surly as unsettled as you may have been, show them where the washrooms are,the coffee etc.let them know that they are welcome and not in this alone.(alcoholism) These are small incrimental steps in recovery.(in a positive direction)

Thank you for your thread,

and you are not at all unique and unlike any of us with alcoholism. Remember and I know it won't be easy at first, alcoholism is a desease and it can be arrested, with help. (Alcohlics Anonymous)
Old 10-22-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for sharing EQ...