Notices

Well, tommorrow is the day

Old 10-16-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well, tommorrow is the day

I'll try again. Real sick now. Hope I can use this to push off. Don't want to forget how bad I feel. Don't want to make myself feel good again with booze.

But, I'm goin for it again. I'll let you know how it goes.

thanks.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hugs and Prayers Joe...

Please be as safe as possible
Use an ER or call 911 if needed.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! :praying for you!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Jo.

Good choice!

We are with you.

Keep posting.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

You can do it - try AA to also help keep you stopped!

Cathy31
x
Old 10-17-2007, 02:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Zjoe if you are trying to quit on your own without a program of some sort you are following the same path I followed hundreds of times for years, I eventually learned quitting was the easy part, staying sober was the hardest thing to do.

Eventually after I reached the point of having no choice mentally or physically, I had to drink every day to just feel normal. I finally had a moment of clarity and at that time I saw that I had to stop drinking or I was going to die! At this point in time I knew I could not do it alone, I needed help!

I went into detox, detox told me if I wanted a chance to stay sober I needed to go to at least 90 AA meetings in 90 days and get a sponsor. I got a sponsor and went to over 90 AA meetings in 90 days, in AA I was told by the old timers if I wanted a chance to stay sober I needed to work the steps with a sponsor. I have worked the steps with my sponsor and my sponsor told me if I wanted a chance to stay sober I needed to work with other alcoholics to help them get and stay sober which I do today.

The urge/need to drink has been lifted from me, today I am happy, joyous, & free!
Old 10-17-2007, 04:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

zjo99,

Good for you today. I hope that it will see you at the end being sober, lucid, and happy.

Alyce
Old 10-17-2007, 05:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Many of us have tried to quit on our own many many times. Please remember not to beat yourself up, and add to your guilt and shame. This is a very powerful disease and we do need help to overcome it. There is no cure, only abstinence with help, be it a detox/recovery treatment, or the rooms of AA.
Wishing you all the best. Your half way there because you acknowledge that you need help.
Hugs,
Diana
Old 10-17-2007, 05:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I saw this last night and was going to post, but I didn't. Since I went to bed and woke up it is hereby "Tomorrow" We are expecting a report. Something along the lines of "Well, Today is the Day" which, by the way, is always a better day to quit than tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I'm sick today as you can imagine. First thing I did when I got up was to pour out my remaining booze.

Taz, that sounds like a lot of work just for a chance to stay sober. I know you're right though. My program is going to be AA.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good for you Jo. Are you going to a meeting today?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Lots of water, gaterade and a multi-vitamin. If it gets too bad, get to a ER.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Originally Posted by zJoe99 View Post

I know you're right though. My program is going to be AA.
Why not start AA tonight, I know you are sick, but you won't be the first one to be at a meeting feeling lousy.

They understand. Heck, we understand.

Don't think about it. Just go.

Wishing you well,

Ted
Old 10-17-2007, 11:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I have some vitamins and spring water. Having a hard time swallowing the water so far though. I know I'm dehydrated. My face is dried out with red splotches all over. Pretty scary looking. Just in time for halloween.

Groucho, Pilgrim - I'm going to try to go to a meeting tonight. I just am not sure yet. I don't want to drive my car in the condition I'm in right now. I'll see how I feel when the time comes.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Hi Joe -

When I detoxed, I wanted to remember every nauseated, scared, ashamed, shaking moment of it. I never wanted to go through that again. That holds true today.

You never have to drink again. You've got a network. You've got a resource. Use it.

I remember that , too - I threw up more water than I kept down the first couple of days. Hang in there. And we're here.

*prayers*
Old 10-18-2007, 04:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Taz, that sounds like a lot of work just for a chance to stay sober. I know you're right though. My program is going to be AA.
Zjoe as I am sure you already know, the best things in life are not free, we earn them, we work for them! I can tell you that today when I look in the mirror I like the guy looking back at me.

Just over a year ago I hated that SOB!!!! His eyes were so blood shot they looked like if he cried his tears would be blood, his face was all puffy, hell even the tops of his hands were swollen! He was a weak miserable drunk that had alcohol beat the snot out of him and he could not stop, the dumbass had to drink just to feel okay.

I had reached the stage of alcoholism where my tolerance had gone haywire, one day it only took 6-8 beers for me to start slurring my speech and stumbling and the next day there was not enough beer in the world for me to even cop a buzz.

Yea it was work, damn hard work, but today my kids and wife not only love me..... they respect me! Family & friends admire me for turning my life around. Today I am among the folks in AA that not only draw upon other peoples experience, strength, & hope, but I am also one of the people in AA that finds joy and strength in helping others stay and get sober.

I found out that in order to stay sober I had to change, and I have, I am no longer a drunk, I am a recovering alcoholic and I did this by working the steps with my sponsor and living the steps to the best of my ability. I still have a long way to go, but I have come a long way also. Sobriety I have learned is a journey and not a destination.

I just do it one day at a time, yesterday is gone, tomorrow will never be here, all I have is today and that is all I can control.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
dum vita est spes est

Originally Posted by zJoe99 View Post
Thanks everyone. I'm sick today as you can imagine. First thing I did when I got up was to pour out my remaining booze.
If I had a nickle for everytime I've done that only to go out and buy more that night.

I'm only on day four bud, so you're not alone my friend.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Beautiful post, taz. It was a great thing to read this morning, get my mind a bit straighter.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:55 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

The very best to you, zJoe. It has to help knowing that all of us are pulling for you and are here to give you pieces of our ESH (experience, strength and hope) when you ask.

Hugs from the Snowgoose.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Welcome back