Notices

I can't stop and want to..

Old 10-07-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I can't stop and want to..

it seems whenever I get the chance I drink and of course I hide it. and when I get the chance to do it in front of my lady who dosent quite see the problem like she used to before I hid it so much..She is at points starting to get consumed by alcohol from her work.. This made me look more at me I guess just for the simple fact of my little guy(son 2 years old) he dosent need 2 jacked up parents let alone one. I love him more than anything but it so hard sometimes to deal and the alchol is sooooo easy to just esacape and sleep. Sorry just rambling but this is only like my second post. I am afraid to teel the wife that I am sneeking it for the fact she will leave me I just want to stop and put it behind us all. I work alot(hate it) and only maybe drink a day or 2 a week but when I get the chance I go nutz and if I didn't have the constrants of the family I would probably be under a bridge somewhere drinking until I ended up dead.. As weird as it sounds I like to drink to just go to sleep(I guess to escape)..Well anyway any thoughts?
Old 10-07-2007, 12:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My alcohol problem started when I was a child. But it got really bad after my second child. I just wanted to relax and sleep. So I began to drink a couple of wines every night. That soon turned into a bottle a night to a cask a day etc.... long story short. Out popped the alcoholic in me and I could no longer control my drinking! any way. i finally seeked help and started taking seroquel at night. Boy oh boy does that help you sleep. 8-9 hours of solid unbroken sleep every night since my sobriety. Im down to only 25mgs a night now, but my body is so used to the habit of sleeping that I no longer worry about sleep or relaxing.

Be very careful... your son will grow up seeing alcohol as a 'normal' thing. You hve to come to that place where you want to change. then discuss this with your partner. All your thoughts ... worries etc. Maybe get help together? make a change for the better together? the benefits out weigh the drinking!!!

good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

misslisa
Old 10-07-2007, 01:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see you came over to our Alcoholism Forum...
I replied to you in Newcomers.

Have you tried AA?
Had an honest talk with your doctor?

I think the key foor me was
I wanted to quit more than I wanted to drink.

Until I reached that point...
nothing or no one could convince me.

I do hope you continue to work for sobriety
It's so much better than being a drinker.