Notices

One Year Back

Old 10-03-2007, 07:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

How sweet of you Tazman 53,. thanks for sharing.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Mar13 things like that are what AA is all about:
Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.
Trust me, there were a lot of other folks at that meeting doing the same thing I did, we do not shoot our wounded in AA. If someone comes into AA, gets sober and then decides "Hey maybe I am not an alcoholic" and goes out and drinks again, they are welcome back with open arms.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Serenity today

When I picked up my one year chip (actually my original 1 year chip from a couple of years ago) I know there were a few people who were surprised. When I went out and came back I told my sponsor and a few close friends and introduced myself as a newcomer in my first 30 days at my regular Thursday night meeting but never said much more about it. Anyway, last night was really positive, feels good to have that first year under my belt again.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congrats, Stobert, on your new year of sobriety. Thanks for celebrating and thanks for the story of your relapse; may you and it be an inspiration to us all.

Best to you from the Snowgoose.

Last edited by snowgoose; 10-03-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Mar13 things like that are what AA is all about:

Trust me, there were a lot of other folks at that meeting doing the same thing I did, we do not shoot our wounded in AA. If someone comes into AA, gets sober and then decides "Hey maybe I am not an alcoholic" and goes out and drinks again, they are welcome back with open arms.
That's really nice
in all AA the people are so nice like in yours?
Old 10-04-2007, 03:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

in all AA the people are so nice like in yours?
I am not going to lie & say there are not some jerks in AA, there are, but they are few and far between, the vast majority of folks in AA are the most loving caring people I have ever known! They loved me until I was able to learn to love myself!

After a person has been pulled from the bowels of hell back into the light of life with the help of others who were in the same spot at one time one finds them selfs more then happy to help others out of the same hole they were in.

Feel like hell, need a hug, a wink, a smile of understanding, some one to be willing to help you out of a bad spot, some one to make you laugh, a shoulder to cry on? Go to an AA meeting.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:08 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 year, that is awesome!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I am not going to lie & say there are not some jerks in AA, there are, but they are few and far between, the vast majority of folks in AA are the most loving caring people I have ever known! They loved me until I was able to learn to love myself!

After a person has been pulled from the bowels of hell back into the light of life with the help of others who were in the same spot at one time one finds them selfs more then happy to help others out of the same hole they were in.

Feel like hell, need a hug, a wink, a smile of understanding, some one to be willing to help you out of a bad spot, some one to make you laugh, a shoulder to cry on? Go to an AA meeting.
Thanks so much !
Where can i find near my area i dont know to look
I live in Maryland Baltimore area
thanks
Old 10-04-2007, 08:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

WOW!!!!! I spent several weeks in Baltimore while one of my daughters was in Shepard Pratt being treated for anorexia, I attended a bunch of AA meetings there. There is a group called Agape that meets right on Shepard Pratt that is fantastic!!!

Here is a link to meeting in the Baltimore area http://www.baltimoreaa.org/
Old 10-04-2007, 04:45 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

WOW!!!!! I spent several weeks in Baltimore while one of my daughters was in Shepard Pratt being treated for anorexia, I attended a bunch of AA meetings there. There is a group called Agape that meets right on Shepard Pratt that is fantastic!!!

Here is a link to meeting in the Baltimore area http://www.baltimoreaa.org/
Thanks ! thats nice you have been there i know if i go it will be nice , thanks a lot again for everything