Old 10-03-2007, 06:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi destined 2 win....
Welcome to our Alcoholism Forum.

It seems to me a medical opinion is required
to answer your question properly.
Do ask your doctor please.

Last edited by CarolD; 10-04-2007 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by destined 2 win View Post
does anyone know about the connection and gastric bypass surgery and alcoholism?
i saw a commercial about it for an oprah episode once but never actually saw the show, but when i googled "gastric bypass alcoholism" there were a lot of links, maybe the information you're looking for is in one of them.

click here for the results of my google search on it

but yeah, talk to an actual doctor about it

Last edited by pixel; 10-03-2007 at 10:16 PM. Reason: for revision
Old 10-03-2007, 10:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

wow queen, you're going through so much. i'm so sorry that you have to go through this. i know what it's like to have someone berate you and accuse you of the cause of all their problems (i wasn't drinking much at the time i went through hell with my ex-husband, i NEEDED to stay sober to save myself and my kids).

i wish i would have had my ex forcefully put into some sort of treatment if just to save his life, we were estranged for 6 months - i was in hiding - before he killed himself. i hoped that during his time alone he would have realized that i wasn't the reason he was having problems and that he would get his life together, but instead i guess life was too much for him to bear. still, i was unqualified to deal with his problems and he wouldn't get help on his own, and i was at the point of the sinking ship that taz mentioned. i couldn't let him take me and the boys down with him.

it's been over 3 years now and i'm remarried to a wonderful man, but not a day goes by that i don't have regrets over what more i could have done.

i hope it all works out for you, you are very much in my thoughts.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

but not a day goes by that i don't have regrets over what more i could have done.
Pixel you really need to get beyond this, you have nothing to regret, I am an alcoholic who was begged and threatened for years by my entire family. Thier begging and threats only did 2 things made me mad and drink even more!

I am an alcoholic and until I had had enough to drink I was going to continue to drink, the only way any one could have stopped me from drinking before I was ready to quit would have been to lock me up and then the second I got out I would have drank again.

I quit drinking when I decided I had to quit or die, not when some body said "Honey I have arranged for you to go to this wonderful rehab." I would have told them to go to hell!!!

You were not responsible for him, his disease, or his death, the only thing you could have done was delayed what he did.

Pixel I highly reccommend you at a minimum go over to the Friends & Family forum and discuss this, even better would be to go to Alanon.

Pixel please keep in mind that an alcoholic only quits drinking when they want to & not when some one else wants them to, otherwise I would have at least 10 years of sobriety instead of 1.