Notices

the alcoholic that still suffers

Old 05-28-2003, 01:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

the alcoholic that still suffers

Hey, I was just wondering if you guys could say aprayer for my brother, I just got a phone call he got drunk last night and tried to shoot himself in the bathroom, luckily he missed and he's in jail but I am so scared he will get out and succeed at suicide. I am really feeling the first step right now.
Thanks you so much.

Many hugs and hope too,
Tammie
Old 05-28-2003, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have you both in my thoughts.

Peter.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Prayers for you both and a hug for you (((((Tammie)))))

Take care

Amy
Old 05-28-2003, 04:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

The alcoholic that still suffers

When it raims, sometimes it pours. I sincerely hope that your brother will be okay. Although I don't understand why they put him in jail if he tried to shoot himself. There's an AA speaker ted H., passes away sober a few years ago, who tried to do the same thing and missed and another person in know in my region almost shot his head offf, he survived and has been sober many years but is disfigured. I can' remember his name. But the speaker Ted H. was a popular speaker and helped many with the BB of AA.He was from California. I am sure tapes are all around still of him. But for you, I pray for you to have god's strength to go thru all this. Family members, whether we get along with them or not, are particulalry heart-wrenching(emotional) and my emotions always triggered my obssession. So for you, lady, God Blesss you on your journey of recovery, discovery and a journey of freedom. thre is power in prayer. Good Luck, vicki
Old 05-28-2003, 06:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

((((Hugs and prayers 2stop))))

JT
Old 05-28-2003, 08:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

hugs and prayers for the two of you!
Old 05-29-2003, 07:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Thank you guys for the thoughts and prayers. I'm pretty sure thay put him in jail because he made a commotion and probably threatened to take his family and the cops with him too, he has done that before. He has several guns he keeps at the house. YWhen he went to AA meetings before and participatec he did so awesome, it breaks my heart to see him like this but I know I have to be strong for myself and my immediate family. I hope to find out more today, thanks again guys and have yourselves a good day.

Many hugs and hope too,
Tammie
Old 05-29-2003, 07:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Misfit

Hi Tammie,

MY BIGGEST MOST AWESOME VIRTUAL HUGS!!!!

What words can be written that will make you feel better. If I knew I would write them.

My thoughts & prayers are with you both.

God Bless - hang on!
Old 05-29-2003, 08:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Thanks solo, I just talked to my mom down in TX. She will be able to visit him tomorrow. He used the same sawed off shotgun that he used in my house 2 yrs ago down in Tx. I was so upset then that he had that gun. I had to take the shells and part of the gun apart and hide it outside. He almost shot a friend that was over that time. My mom said he told wife that damn it I've tried 5 times to kill myself and God won't let me do it. At least he's still thinking that God might just have better plans for him! Before he went and did this I guess he was packing his car to come up here to PA but his wife took his car keys and he went off, he also likes his meth and the two together really nut him up. I feel so helpless to DO anything for him, I know he has to WANT to get better it;s just so hard to watch someone so close to you destroy their life. I hope your day is going well.

Many hugs and hope too,
Tammie
Old 05-29-2003, 09:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

I've tried 5 times to kill myself and God won't let me do it. At least he's still thinking that God might just have better plans for him!
Then maybe he'll come to some more meetings. Is there any way to get the guns away from him, like when he's in a good mood and is listening. And I know that he can stash them anywhere.

I've tried to kill myself twice and the doctors don't know why I lived. Then the alcohol posening that left me on a ventilator. I still can't quite wrap my mind around the 'God' concept, but my surviving does make me wonder.

More hugs for the both of you.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Tammie.....please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My AH's brother went through similar turmoil for years. Faith helped get us through.

Thinking of you....

Sarah
Old 05-29-2003, 08:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Chy

Tammie,

Hope you find strength in knowing we are all thinking and praying for you !

I apologize for the bgelated post but haven't been on board since I have been in "grading papers hell"

PLEASE take care of yourself first, and let us know how your doing. *hugs*
Old 05-30-2003, 04:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Thanks Chy, you guys are a wonderful support and I love all of you. Today I am going to work on my recovery, I can't lose my sober time from worry! hey, How have YOU been? I hope you are feeling stronger and steadier every day!

Many hugs and hope too,
Tammie