Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

3rd time...hopefully I can make people proud this time...

Notices

Old 08-30-2007, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today is my 3rd time (1000th time in my head of saying I will do it) of trying this no beer thing again. It's such a battle. I don't feel bad when I do drink like I said before and never get drunk or anything like that...it's just looking at the issues beer does to the liver over time. Doesn't help at CT scan in March said there was mild fatty liver infilitration.

I think I am going to go to a meeting this time and see what the sponsor thing is all about.

ugh...I wish I was normal like most people and have a drink every once in awhile and that was it.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

meeting is a great idea.

my daughter wishes for that too - the normal drinking. it's just ain't gonna' happen...

hugs out, k
Old 08-30-2007, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Be proud for yourself and of yourself.
3rd time... Keep trying and you will find that you end up doing.
Meetings and a sponsor is a good gathering of things that others find work well. The more you put into it, the more you will get out of it.

Good choices.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sobriety does make ne healthier!

Glad you are tryiing again!
Old 08-30-2007, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

ugh...I wish I was normal like most people and have a drink every once in awhile and that was it.
You know I used to feel that way also, due to a recent family crises which I shared here I am glad I can not drink like a normal person and found I needed AA to stay sober. My wife who is normal had an awful lot of issues she had a hard time dealing with things during this time, thanks to me having worked the steps of AA with a good sponsor and now being able to practice these principles in all my affairs I was able to actually lead the way in helping my daughter get into recovery by being able to reach out for help where needed and to take actions where they were needed.

I think I am going to go to a meeting this time and see what the sponsor thing is all about.
Good move, ask someone to be your temporary sponsor first, that way neither of you have a firm commitment to each other.

A temporary sponsor will be able to answer questions for you about the program including what to look for in a primary sponsor and give you some initial guidance until you get a primary sponsor.

mild fatty liver infilitration.
I was diagnosed with a fatty liver, which luckily is reversable by not drinking. My liver enzymes were back to normal in 3 months, the swelling went down entirely in about 6-7 months.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks so much...

that is great advice about a temp sponsor...have a friend I think who will fit that role I will talk to.

it's good to hear it doesn't too long to reverse something caused over years and years.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi there Chronos97,
The title of your thread should read " Hopefully I can make MYSELF proud this time". Do it for yourself first and everything else will fall into place....Remember YOUR worth it....Try out some meetings ....Keep posting

Work Hard and Enjoy Life......Ned
Old 08-30-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Like Best says, do it for yourself.

Ted
Old 08-30-2007, 09:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am already proud of you for trying. This pride I hold for you is non-conditional. I'm going through what you are. I just hit a year. Just don't give up and self pride is the best pride.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Good job, Chronos!

Congrats on the year, too, Don!
Old 08-31-2007, 04:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

chronos BBQBOY said a mouth full, make your self proud, get sober for yourself, that is what I had to do, was do it for myself, I was scared crapless when I finally knew that if I did not stop I was going to die a slow painful alcoholic death unless I died in an accident.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
want 2 stop!

chronos, just wanted to say i really hope u r proud of yourself, maybe it s the 3 rd time but hey its better than never trying at all,

each time u try u gain a little more understanding of yourself an others, hark at me, i only mannaged 9 days then got obliterated, i did mannage a family party an i was the only sober 1, i made my dad an bro really proud, mum likes it if i fall down so she was just waiting 4 it, but i got thru that, then 3 days later i just lost it, fun day at charity pub do, shud never of gone, but like moth to a flame!

im gonna try jump bk on the wagon, even if its 4 another 9 days it s better than 10 drunken 1s ,

wish u sucess, make yourself proud 1st xxxx
Old 08-31-2007, 04:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Rach what I have found is to simply take it one day at a time and to use my network when ever I think I am not going to make it that day combined of course with prayer.

I have found by simply making a commitment to the day I am in when ever the urge to drink hits I simply tell myself "Not today, maybe tomorrow!". I have done it one day at a time for 347 days with the help of AA and my HP.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

I kept on giving up and wanting to give up alcohol and then one time it worked, I think it was when I realised I did like myself afterall and I was worth living for.

One day at a time, you can do it
Old 08-31-2007, 06:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
want 2 stop!

thanks taz an brigid, taz im bein dumb, whats hp, not brown sauce!!!

i think my trouble is i cant remember liking who i am sober, 13 an i was drunk badly every day ,made stupid choices, an never grew up, just got bigger an tougher, oh an made more stupid choices,

i guess i dont know who i am, but when im not high on anphetamine or drinking, i scare myself, i think an think, an i think some of it r good ideas, guess im scared that if i try to change ill fail, an thatt they were crap ideas any way, it s about time i tried i always said by time im 30 ill b sensible !!! clocks ticking !! i dont want to be a cleaner an work in the same cafe i ve worked for past 9 yrs forever, not theres anything wrong with that, but i want some ambittion, never had any, just survival!

im rambling, sorry,
Old 08-31-2007, 06:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

thinking and thinking and thinking, all is good ..

somethings that I think about are crap too, but that is ok, I have said lots of crap things too

being straight and sober has helped me get better with it all ... hope you keep posting cause the only way I found to sort out my thinking is to share it
Old 08-31-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

HP is a Higher Power then myself, one that is also more powerful then alcohol, a Higher Power of my understanding that I allow to guide me in my life in return my HP has lifted the urge/need to drink from me. The fellowship of AA, & the steps of AA have allowed me to develop a relationship to my HP that grants me a daily reprieve from my alcoholism as long as I stay spiritually fit. Today I am happy, joyous, & free.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
want 2 stop!

cheers, thanks 4 that, i do feel daft now! it obviously works, im glad i joined this site, feel like im gonna get somewhere, my son still poorly, possibly tonsilitis comin on, bless him, dr s 2morr i think, (ill just b4 due bk 2 school!!)

it s 345 am i only had 4 beers , sober sex is gonna have 2 wait, bf is snoring his drunken head off!! not 2 bad tho, thanks 4 bein here, xxx