Notices

Terror

Old 08-31-2007, 11:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Another Day in Paradise

Boston,

If you end up in San Diego, there are certainly worse places to get sober. As has been said however, it has nothing to do with where, it is all about with whom you get sober! Somehow that “whom” always ends up being ourselves. There are, like anywhere else, some great meetings in SD. The AA support is wherever we decide to search for it.

I am pretty sure that FINDING AA isn't the important part of the equation, it is are we LOOKING FOR IT? The most enlightening part of sobriety for me was when I realized that I DIDN'T HAVE PROBLEMS BECAUSE I DRANK!! In fact just the opposite, I DRANK BECAUSE I HAD PEOBLEMS!! AA and a good sponsor allowed me to start working on those problems, and then just like magic, sobriety started to happen, a little bit more one day at a time. (Hey that’s kind of a catchy phrase.)

If a fresh start provides the impetus for getting serious about sobriety then you are making a good move, but if you are just chasing sobriety in another locale, then it will continue to elude you. It has been said that we in So. Cal. have more meetings than anywhere else so YOU MAY JUST be coming to the right place, but even just one meeting will suffice if you want to get sober.

Hope it all works for you.

Jon
Old 08-31-2007, 03:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Every city limit sign, county line and state sign should have a sign that says, " Your Way Doesn't Work Here Either "
Old 08-31-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey, Bostonluv, keep reading here and posting. You can make it if you're sick and tired of being sick and tired and are willing to work the steps and listen to suggestions. Lotta good ones here from Taz, Music, Jfanagle, Peter and others.

Best wishes from the Snowgoose.