Notices

Relapsed too

Old 08-31-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Rach if you are an alcoholic then there is no such thing as moderation, many of us fool our selfs for years thinking we can drink in moderation.

For this alcoholic I fooled my self long enough thinking I could moderate my drinking that in the end I had no choice but to drink every day. I reached the point where drinking was no longer an option for me, it was a daily requirement for me, I reached that point by trying to moderate my drinking.

Alcoholism is a progrssive disease, it gets worse with every drink, this is proven scientifically.

The only way to arrest the progression of alcoholism is TOTAL abstinance!

If I did not touch a drop for 10 years and then decided to start to drink again at a minimum within a week I would be right back to where my disease was 10 years before, in the worst case I would actually be further progreesed then I was when I quit because my disease may want to make up for lost time.

Every active alcoholics dream is to be able to drink like a normal person, some of us pursue this dream to the gates of hell, insanity, jails, asylums, even to death.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Rach, the pain in your posts go straight to my heart. Is there any way you can plan your weekend around withdrawal from drink? Monday morning will be so wonderful clear-headed.

I remember one 3-day weekend years ago I re-paved my back yard; somehow, mucking about in the dirt was a huge help. Do something physical and get a sober friend to help...

Check in here-we have all been where you are,
Jhana
Old 09-02-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi, NTBF, how're you doing? This is the long Labor Day holiday weekend here in the US, and luckily folks active in AA plan events for the holidays that are the most likely triggers. Tomorrow I'll go to a nearby state park where there will be an AA picnic with lots of sober fun and games, food and some meetings. Hope all is well with you and your studies.

Best from the Snowgoose.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:36 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Open Minded

Hi Snowgoose - I'm still here ty :0) I had a busy weekend and have heaps on with my study so my mind is occupied. Onwards and upwards :0)
Old 09-02-2007, 08:38 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I am really confused by rufus' response to needtob.

Why would you ask someone why it is good to be back on the path to health?

I truly feel like I missed something there. Good luck, need2be. I am kind of new here, and I can feel so much support, and I know you can feel it to.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:58 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hugs and support to NTBF and to Rach28 and Adobe and everyone else who is here and struggling One Day at a Time, from the Snowgoose.