Notices

Summer's almost over.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ms. Heidi

Summer's almost over.

Yeah that's right the trees are already turning colors in my neighborhood. I haven't been here for a while cause I've been trying to enjoy the very last of it. I'm so depressed about it. I know that you cannot change the seasons or many other things for that matter but it doesn't change the way that I feel. Last night I drank. That makes me feel worse as well. When I woke up this morning I peeled myself out of my messy bed in my messy room. Then went to sit on the couch. That's what I really hate about drinking. I never have any energy. I'm out of alcohol now and it's taking all I have not to get up and go the liquor store. For me the withdrawals from alcohol are the worst thing. I become emotional and so uncomfortable. My throat tightens up and my body aches. I don't know why I do this to myself. I often think about what it would be like to just be normal. I wish it was easier. When I drink I feel happier at the time but I know it's not healthy to have to drink to feel that way. Anyhow I thought I'd drop by to vent a bit. Thanks for listening.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I know I'll never be normal, like that proverbial pickle that can never be a cucumber again. But I can live a happy and peaceful life assuming I stay sober.

Recovery is freely available to everyone, Gwenlady. I hope you'll reach out and take it.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Depression drove me into AA recovery.

Perhaps it's time for you to begin healing?

Out of the house and take a positive action!

I hope you move forward Sobriety Rocks
Old 08-21-2007, 04:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Gwen there is a solution if you are ready and willing to do what it takes to get and stay sober.

Are you sick & tired of being sick & tired?

Hon I have walked in your shoes, I too hated myself for not being able to stop even though I wanted to, it was not until I was willing to finally admit that I was powerless over alcohol that I was able to begin the path to recovery, I found a solution that works for me, a very simple solution, very easy to do if you are willing to do what it takes and have the ability to be honest with your self and others, impossible to do if you are incapable to be completely honest with your self and others.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Hi Gwen,

You aren't too far from me. It's been waaay too cold for me lately too, and I also am not ready for the summer to go.

I agree with the other posters. Do you feel like you might want to try out a meeting? I'm glad that you are posting here...

Karen
Old 08-21-2007, 08:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yup, been cold up here in Vermont, too. Supposed to get some tropical, humid air later this week so I'll probably be pining for this cool stuff.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping you find a way out of your prison of drinking. MerlotMama's offer was nice. Most of us have found peace and freedom from alcohol via AA although a few have found other ways. Whatever, may you find your way.

Best from the Snowgoose.