Notices

gifts to give myself now.....

Old 08-09-2007, 05:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

gifts to give myself now.....

hi to all,and thanks for the words of encouragement..The family member who's hurt me is my mother......She is old and in poor health,and i am her caregiver...I do everything for her,and that's alot of the reason why she hurts me so much.Putting,"emotional distance" between her and I is a neccessity,for my mental and physical health....I will continue to care for her,and do whatever i need to do for her,but i cannot keep jumping through her hoops,in hopes of finding acceptance,validation or unconditional love..these are things i must give to myself now...
Day #2 went ok....i am also glad i,"saw the light" after only three days...it's scarey to see how quickly this addiction takes back over,if you let it.
thanks again to all of you....
Old 08-09-2007, 05:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can relate to you. I was a caregiver to my Mother too. She had cancer for 6 years and passed away a year ago Aug 15th. It is very stressful, and for me I used drinking to cope. When I quit drinking, I found that it became much easier for me. You know the old story, " what comes first, the drinking or the stress"?
Old 08-10-2007, 06:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

my father had dementia the last 3 or so years of his life, before he passed of cancer. most of the time, he was sweet. but every once in awhile he'd turn on us - he was just so sick and felt so crappy, you know? we'd let him vent for a bit, and then we'd call him on it - "you're not helping a thing, dad. we know you don't feel good, and we want to help you in the ways we can. but you gotta be nice, we're hurting too..."

or we'd just walk away and let him sulk

hang tough, karrot.

blessings, k