Notices

positive thoughts and prayers needed

Old 08-08-2007, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

positive thoughts and prayers needed

hey friends,

this year i am having a really rough go. a series of financial blows have come along...some of which i played a role in, and others which feel like they are from left field. i need some spiritual help here.

first, i sold my business so that i could focus on starting up a new one, which sounds all great, but it also was a great source of income. 2 months after selling it, i broke my arm in 3 places. insurance policy lapses are forcing me to foot the entire bill which totally wiped out any savings or profit i had, and then some.

second, i had given my lawyer a large escrow account which i should have gotten access to in april or may. by june, i still had not gotten my money, and in july it was discovered that he's disappeared, leaving a confessional letter stating he had embezzled the funds. my new atty says that he was very crafty and that he set it up so that the nature of the account was such that it will not be covered by surety/insurance. so i cannot claim anything.

not expecting this, i had already committed a chunk of the sales proceeds to my new business, and its taking much longer to get off the ground than hoped. this is causing me to be late on bills, including taxes.

last week, the irs seized all my assets.

i have about 11 cents to my name and still have all my regular expenses, like rent, car, insurance etc.

the good news: i am sober. i am not afraid to surrender and accept the consequences of all of these events. i am praying daily to know gods will for me AND the power to carry it out, but I am also praying for the relief from the burdens i am carrying.

any positive thoughts you can extend on my behalf would be so much appreciated. i will return them 100 fold, at least!
Old 08-08-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

All I can say is good for you for staying sober. You are going through some tough times but you are not letting it get the best of you. As hard as it may be to see during these times God is in control. You can take comfort in this God loves you, God will always be there for you, and God can turn hopeless situations completely around.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

What a string of uninvited chaos! But, as you said, the good news is that you are remaining sober and even if that fact should fail to impress the IRS, it gives me faith that I could do it too.

Beaming 100 percent positive thoughts your way.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dum vita est spes est

Hugs and Prayers MC.

If attitude is everything, you've got it all! You're doing the right thing despite what look like negative events - but remember events are what you perceive them to be, you very well may look back on this and think, "You know, breaking my arm and selling my business was the best thing that ever happened to me."

I just talked with one of my new colleagues and she told me a story of her father that had lost his job at Lucent Technologies a few years back. If you're not familiar with it, their stock was soaring and at it's peak he lost his job, so he diversified his portfolio and began looking for another job. Within weeks of this happening the company tumbled hard and fast and the stock went from hero to zero in a matter of days. His daughter's response? "Losing his job was the best thing that ever happened to him."

Take care MC, keeping praying, and things will work out according to a plan that isn't ours to know, but certainly ours to enjoy if we choose to.

PR
Old 08-08-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Positive thoughts being sent MC.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

prayers and support coming your way, k
Old 08-08-2007, 10:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Ugg!!!

I'll keep you in my prayers

Karen
Old 08-08-2007, 12:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thank you all soooo much!!!!!!!!!!! I FEEL the energy moving on your good thoughts and prayers~
Old 08-08-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

And here I was feeling super-human 'cuz I've been in and out of work since my sobriety and just scraping by.

You are an inspiration. Thank You !!!!!

Hang in there. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
On a tear

Miss C-cat... OMG! What a thing to walk through. I admire you very much.

Prayers going up - for continued serenity, for wisdom, for clarity, strength and peace.

PS... you rock, woman!
Old 08-08-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

AAwesome how you are handling this - attitude is everything and you have ALOT to deal with, but you're sober that's the main thing!!!!!! Keep it in the day, I'll keep you in my prayers, and I look forward to hearing how through God's Grace all of this works itself out! Keep going, good luck.
well done for your faith and positive attitude.
cathy31
x
Old 08-08-2007, 01:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You're very brave, MissC. So glad to here you're not drinking. You'll be in my prayers, God bless.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
No alcohol in my blood

Originally Posted by miss communicat View Post
hey friends,

this year i am having a really rough go. a series of financial blows have come along...some of which i played a role in, and others which feel like they are from left field. i need some spiritual help here.

first, i sold my business so that i could focus on starting up a new one, which sounds all great, but it also was a great source of income. 2 months after selling it, i broke my arm in 3 places. insurance policy lapses are forcing me to foot the entire bill which totally wiped out any savings or profit i had, and then some.

second, i had given my lawyer a large escrow account which i should have gotten access to in april or may. by june, i still had not gotten my money, and in july it was discovered that he's disappeared, leaving a confessional letter stating he had embezzled the funds. my new atty says that he was very crafty and that he set it up so that the nature of the account was such that it will not be covered by surety/insurance. so i cannot claim anything.

not expecting this, i had already committed a chunk of the sales proceeds to my new business, and its taking much longer to get off the ground than hoped. this is causing me to be late on bills, including taxes.

last week, the irs seized all my assets.

i have about 11 cents to my name and still have all my regular expenses, like rent, car, insurance etc.

the good news: i am sober. i am not afraid to surrender and accept the consequences of all of these events. i am praying daily to know gods will for me AND the power to carry it out, but I am also praying for the relief from the burdens i am carrying.

any positive thoughts you can extend on my behalf would be so much appreciated. i will return them 100 fold, at least!
God bless and please hang in there!
Old 08-08-2007, 03:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey miss C....
you always manage to inspire me...todays no different

thoughts and prayers winging their way
D
Old 08-08-2007, 03:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hope3

Hi miss c, my positive energy is comming your way,

hope it helps, hope3
Old 08-08-2007, 03:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

your kindness INSPIRES me.

thank you again
Old 08-08-2007, 04:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Your wish is my command... positive thoughts being sent your way .
Old 08-08-2007, 05:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Awakened

Positive vibes from a newbie! You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:38 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
DKS
Glad to be here

I'll be praying for you. I could not imagine going through what you're going through and still maintaining such a positive attitude. You're an inspiration to me.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:54 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

*prayers*