Notices

positive thoughts and prayers needed

Old 08-09-2007, 02:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey Miss, keep keeping on. Yesterday I woke up with two dollars and both cars close to empty, and I don't get paid till tomorrow. So, I startd the day with prayer and meditation and went to work. I knew I had enough gas to get to work. about an hour into the work day I called my sponsor and talked to him for awhile. for the first time I was able to report to him that I was serene in my financial mess, at least for the day, that God has the wheel. And then a call came in the other line from another alcoholic. I was telling him about the latest financial plight and he said, let's get together for lunch and I'll add $20 or better yet $40 to your $2 and you'll get through the next couple of days. God always gives me just enough and just in time. I called my sponsor back, and he said...amazing how it works isn't it? When I first started to get real about the financial mess that I and my wife have created I was sent to page 127 in the Big Book. It looks like I'm going to have to file for bankruptcy, something I'm not looking forward to. I've been so advised by two debt management companies, and now I'm going to talk to our accountant and get his wisdom on the situation and possible a referral to an attorney. It will all happen the way God has planned it to happen. By the way, I would file a complaint with your state Bar.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

yeah, do i know about problems
hey, here's an idea
no sense waiting till the cia comes looking for you
take a vacation

lol

many prayers for you
best
fraankie
Old 08-09-2007, 07:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

God always gives me just enough and just in time
Yeah....but......my Trust still isn't 100%, and I get a little ancy when the funds run low. Then again, I remember last Christmas, I had like $1.43 a week before the holiday. I rec'd a check 2 days before Christmas.

"Give us this day our daily bread".........I dunno about you, but sometimes I feel like I want a whole friggin' warehouse full of bread, just in case.

Miss, any new developments ?
Old 08-09-2007, 03:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I am so very sorry to know of your situation
and wish I had a solution...

Mega Hugs and Prayers zinging your way
(+) (+) (+)
Old 08-09-2007, 06:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Originally Posted by miss communicat View Post
the good news: i am sober. i am not afraid to surrender and accept the consequences of all of these events. i am praying daily to know gods will for me AND the power to carry it out, but I am also praying for the relief from the burdens i am carrying.

That says it all. No matter what, Just Dont Drink! or as my sponsor says J.D.F.D!

I find the 3rd step prayer very comforting.

Ted
Old 08-09-2007, 07:48 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

ok, so our prayers are real. from our mouths to god's ears...

today, some good things happened. In addition to totally turning my life over to HP,

I went to pay $50 to someone who had worked for me, who needs money just as badly as anyone, and i left the cash in an envelope with his name on it at his shop. a few hours later, i got a call from his shop manager saying that the bill had already been paid by someone (??!!) anonymously, and that i can come by and pick up the envelope to get mymoney back.

ok. thank you!

then, i went to the store (staples) to buy some office supplies that i cannot function without...ink, paper etc...and the bill was about $100. gulp. I was about to put some things back, when the cashier saw my name and said "Oh, we have your cash card here. you must've left it here last time youy were here." It had $108 credit on it. So, I didn't have to pay a cent.

little graces are all around.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:32 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Awakened

Amazing. So glad things are better, MissC
Old 08-10-2007, 08:12 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Wow!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I wanted to share this inspiring writing. A friend gave it to me today.

"The person who, being really on the Way, falls upon hard times in the world, will not, as a consequence, turn to that friend who offers him/her refuge and comfort and who encourages his (or her) old self to survive.

Rather, she (or he) will seek out someone who will faithfully and inexoribly help her
(or him) to risk herself, so that she may endure the suffering and pass courageously through it, thuis making of it a "raft that leads to a farther shore".

Only to the extent that a person exposes him(or her)self over and over again to annihilation, can that which is indestructible arise within him (or her).

In this lies the dignity of daring and persevering. Spiritual testing and practice will enable us to let go of our futile hankering for certainty, for surcease from pain, and a comfortable life, in order that we may discover, by doing battle with the forces that oppose and disappoint us, that which awaits us beyond the world of opposites.

The first necessity is that we should have the courage to face life, and to encounter all that is most perilous in the world. Only if we venture repeatedly into zones of emotional annihilation can our contact with Divine Being (God), which is beyond annihilation, become firm and stable.

The more a person learns wholeheartedly to confront the changes that threaten her with isolation and loss, the more are the depths of the Divine Being (God) revealed and the possibilities of new life opened."

from the book "The Way of Transformation" by Karl Gras von Durkheim
Old 08-20-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey sweetheart, haven't been by in a while, sounds like you've been having really rough times, facing challenges like grown-ups isn't easy is it!

All the kindness and love you have shown others - like me - will stand you in good stead now, I know.

Prayers and smiles sent off into the blue for yooooooooo!
Old 08-20-2007, 07:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

paul,

thank yuoooooooooooooooo.............................so much~~~~
Old 08-20-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey Miss C!
Your perseverance is an inspiration. I'm going through some stuff right now and take heart from your attitude. Thanks and prayers are going out.
Mike
Old 08-20-2007, 08:03 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Miss C some how I feel you have already done this, but it sounds as though there is nothing left to do but turn it over........ not just to your HP alone though.

Go to all of the people and institutes you owe and lay it all out on the table for them to see, ask them for advice on how you can resolve these issues to thier satisfaction, hell I have heard rumors that even the IRS has a heart every once in a while. Might want to talk to a bankruptcy Lawyer as well.

My hat is off to you, it is quite appearant that you are working an excellent program, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:15 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
let it grow!

thanks for all your shares, miss c - i admire your strength. blessings, k
Old 08-20-2007, 08:27 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Just a quick thankyou to you for sharing your story, and for sharing some amazing experiences and your gratitude. May your recovery in all areas continue.