Notices

Relapse Story

Old 08-10-2007, 03:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Good for you!!! That's SO wonderful - the miracle of recovery!!!

I know all about chewing it over and over and over - it's sickening and tiring!!!! How miraculous to find a way out!

Keep doing what you're doing!

And a BIG WELL DONE Kathleen!

Cathy31
x
Old 08-10-2007, 04:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hi boston...i too have just had a relapse....it only lasted three days this time....I've done this before,relapsed,i mean.and i have learned something from each time...this time i was able to,'catch myself" before it got too out of control.I recognized the immediate changes in myself,my altered thinking,and my negative thoughts...and knew i had to stop.It is amazing how quickly we revert to old patterns/behaviors when we pick up....isn't it?
I was beating myself up at first,but it's all a learning experience for us....I cannot blame anyone but myself this time...
We are going to be OK.....
Old 08-10-2007, 11:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by karrotop View Post
hi boston...i too have just had a relapse....it only lasted three days this time....I've done this before,relapsed,i mean.and i have learned something from each time...this time i was able to,'catch myself" before it got too out of control.I recognized the immediate changes in myself,my altered thinking,and my negative thoughts...and knew i had to stop.It is amazing how quickly we revert to old patterns/behaviors when we pick up....isn't it?
I was beating myself up at first,but it's all a learning experience for us....I cannot blame anyone but myself this time...
We are going to be OK.....

Karrotop,

I read your relapse story. I bet you're glad you didn't keep going like I did! I think you should very proud that you caught it before before it escalated. It's just another part of your journey to healing. I don't think I ever really learned anything before as I tried to be sober with no guidance on how to stay that way. I have so much hope that God & AA is going to be my ticket to freedom from alcoholism and the root of my addiction. It really clicked last night that AA is about faith and willingness. I have missed God in my life and welcome him back as I have had mess of my life without him in it.