Notices

checking in

Old 07-30-2007, 10:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

checking in

Got up at 5:15am this morning - couldn't get back to sleep once I'd woken up because I couldn't wait to get onto the soberrecovery site!

Had to sleep with earplugs last night as theres an alarm going off in the house next door. Hubby called the fire brigade yesterday, no sign of fire. Its really loud as we have an adjoining wall. Called the towncouncil yesterday and they were going to try to contact the owners who don't actually live there(they rent it out to art students who are away for the summer) . They haven't got back to us yet, I'll call them again today though hubby says theres nothing we or they can do. I can stand it but I worry about my son who has to go to work every day, its really loud in his room. He was quite good humoured about it though.

A couple of weeks ago this could have been an excuse to drink - I would have thought this is getting on my nerves, I know, I'll have a drink then I won't notice. But of course I don't have to do that, there are other ways of coping with it.

I'm so grateful to everyone at SR.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

caraway that is cool, and every day sober it gets better, that is not to say there will not be bad days, but they will get further apart, working the steps has brought me a great deal of peace and happiness in my life, even when the crap is hitting the fan as it is for me right now.

The steps have taught me how to live life on lifes terms, I am able to help those in need instead of depending upon others to help me survive as a drunk.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Yep, life happens...

For years and years the only way I knew how to cope with life was to drink.

Now I just need to learn to cope!
Old 07-31-2007, 06:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Tazman, I read your posts about your daughter and my prayers are with you. It must be heart breaking for you.

Regarding my comparitively minor problem, saw the neighbours on the other side of the alarming house and they slept at the womans parents last night, it bothered them that much. Have been on to the council again and they said they'll start the ball rolling for a warrent to break in to switch it off. Someones popping round just to check the noise level first - oh dear, place is a tip usual. Funnily enough the alarm started to go off and on again for a bit - I hope the battery is running low. Its on again now though.

Sorry to be boring but its nice to vent a bit - better than picking up a drink anyway.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I will confess to shooting out an old next door neighbors security light because it was shining into my bedroom and he had moved and the house was on the market! When the real estate agent came around a few days later I confessed, turned off the light and then replaced the bulb!!! Sadly your issue is inside their place so not much you can do but wait on the powers that be to resolve thie problem.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Actually Taz
, I was thinking the exact same thing!

Just didn't want to upset Caraway by the behavior of us " American cowboys".

LOL,

Ted
Old 07-31-2007, 07:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

You know if they have an electric cutoff outside the house I would turn thier power off.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Know any theives? If so call them tell'em turn the alarm off when they leave.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the suggestions. The man from the council has been and was surprised at how noisy it was but even so they wont get it switched off before Thursday as they need to get a warrant and a magistrate to sign it. Don't know any thieves, I'd break in myself (not to steal anything) just to switch the thing off but I don't want to get into any trouble. Anyway, atleast it'll get switched off eventually which makes me feel better.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

The problem is that now you have got used to it, when they turn it off, the silence will be:

THIS LOUD

(just being cheeky...)