Notices

Dont wanna drink

Old 07-30-2007, 12:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dont wanna drink

Trying to beat this hangover without the booze but dont know how, just a drink will help me but i dont want to do it, anything else i can do to relieve this brutal hangover?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Can't help you with this hangover, but the next one can be prevented. Have you tried AA?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Water or kool aid, bread, meat, asprin, sleep. And of course, no more booze, I can guarantee that drinking right now will make you feel much worse. You said "just A drink" but when was the last time any of us had just A drink? Your body is trying to recover from the lashing you've given it and more booze is not going to help at all. Be gentle with yourself.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ProblemChild: Sometimes ice cream helps. Sometimes it helps to mix fruit juice and seltzer because you get a good kind of sugar with a non-alcoholic fizz. My favorite is purple grape juice concentrate that comes frozen mixed with plain seltzer, canned. Just don't let it fizz up too much or you will have a mess. I think what I'm saying is that at first sugar substitutes for what you were getting from booze.

If you are sick and tired of being sick and tired, call your local AA hotline. Lots of folks who are in recovery are just waiting for your call, waiting to help you. That's how we stay sober; well, one of the ways.

Blessings from the Snowgoose.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Drink water. Lots of water.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Time.....
Old 07-30-2007, 03:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Wink

If your stomach is really upset an englishman told me that they make toas and burn it, donk kill it but have it slightly burnt and the chemicals released will absorb the alcohol left in your stomach. Sounds like an old wives tail bit I tried it once along time ago when I worked in a resturacnt and I think it really helped, or at least it helped thinking it really helped.

<3C
Old 07-30-2007, 04:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A huge bowl of mashed potato with heaps of butter always worked for me. Also greasy food especially sausages with fried tomato helps.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Here is sure cure if you will watch a clocks second hand go around enough times presto.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

But if you get help you wont have to do it ever agin.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by want2Bclean View Post
If your stomach is really upset an englishman told me that they make toas and burn it, donk kill it but have it slightly burnt and the chemicals released will absorb the alcohol left in your stomach. Sounds like an old wives tail bit I tried it once along time ago when I worked in a resturacnt and I think it really helped, or at least it helped thinking it really helped.

<3C
I do not think it is necessarily an "old wives tale" in fact I think there may even be some credibility in it, perhaps not unlike the way charcoal works in helping to remove toxins from the stomach.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

The perfect cure for hangovers is detox, rehab, with a huge portion of a long term recovery program. If one does those three things they will never have a hangover again as long as they work the recovery program.

Heck if some one really wants a cure for a hangover one could skip the first 2 ingrediants and the last one will work if one works it.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Prevention is better than cure eh Taz.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

gatorade...it has electrolites that replenish the body and has helped me when nothing else sounds good enough to drink.