Notices

too old?

Old 07-23-2007, 08:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

too old?

Been thinking about going back too school yall think 39 is too old? wife said do it if I am serious just think I may have waited too long, plus I'm dislexic.Dont know but I know I want out of the heat and the cold.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Open Minded

No your not too old :0) I'm 41 and half way through year two of a four year design/photography degree. I started with a diploma in visual arts and cross credited. It's one of the best things I've done for myself. It's improved my self-esteem, given me something to work toward etc, the list goes on and on. I just got my grades for theory last semester and I got an A. I was doing this drunk, now I'm sober I am sure it will be easier :0)

I say go for it. Also if you have dyslexia you will probably find that you can be given special consideration because of it, your grades could go up by one grade point or more at the end of your formative or summative assessments.

What do you want to study?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Open Minded

No your not too old :0)
LOL - wouldn't know I had a uni education ;0) make that 'you're not too old'
Old 07-23-2007, 11:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Never too old. I went just a little younger than you and it was the greatest parts of my life. Wasn't able to finish due to other circumstances, but I am 48 now and can't wait to start taking even a class at a time. If I could afford full time I would do it in a heartbeat.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are never too old to go back to school. You'd be surprised at how many people 30+ I've seen here at the university and back home when I was in community college. I always think it's cool to see someone that age go back to school. It shows that they have more goals they want to reach.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nope, absolutely not too old

k
Old 07-24-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm going to look into some classes today.My oldest is starting college in two weeks this may be strange for her.Mom has a master in english lit. Daughter wants to be doc. she got a full ride. I'll be oldest freshman there.Want to take some public speaking classes I can just here it now Hello my name is J and i'm an alcoholic.lol