Notices

pop a top again

Old 07-14-2007, 09:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
new life

pop a top again

Hello you good folks at S/R!! i am trying getting a sober grip again, town after town job after job, sometimes i get too overwhelmed in my own mind,and just want to give up and drink myself to death..I admit that im intellegent but weak ..my faith is fading and thats all i have ( in short ) left.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hang in there, mikee!
(love the Far Side cow, too)

so ... what is your plan?
got one?
Old 07-14-2007, 09:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

oh - sorry - got so hyped by the Larsen pic ...

WELCOME to SR!

there's tons of information here .. might want to read some of the stickys on the tops of the forums ... there's people here who know, really know what it feels like.

You are not alone.

Others will be along, I'm sure to welcome you, too.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Open Minded

Hi and welcome :0)

Have your had a look at the various recovery options?

You can do this, there are so many people here (myself included) that have felt the same way as you explain in your post. I've thought a lot of times that it would be easier just to give up and drink myself into oblivion, but really it's not an option. You are worth it. I've found that each day sober builds on my confidence regarding sobriety.

I'm trying out AA. The first step sounds right up your alley atm :0)
Old 07-14-2007, 10:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

town after town..job after job.. boy does that sound familiar. I gypsied around for 20 years looking for some sort of peace, contentment and sense of belonging. It was a twisting path of pain and disappointment... and I just kept on drinking whilst foolishly believing it was the booze helping me cope...helping me hang on. That was a lie ...it was killing me in every sense of the word. In the end, there was very little left of me... but she cried out in the end.... save me. I did that...well, there was a tremendously benevolent spirit outside myself ...an inexplicable energy extending a hand up outta my hell. I went to AA and was not only provided with powerful knowledge and information but I was also warmly swathed in understanding and compassion there. Keep an open mind.... do what you need to ...embrace it all...or take what you need and leave the rest.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Mikee, I have certainly felt like drinking myself too, well I actually was anyway really. You sound so bleak I would recommend AA too. Good luck friend!
Old 07-14-2007, 10:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome Back

Time for a change?

Please let us know how we can help.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I thought I'd drink myself to death. Until I realized it would take 20 or so years. Hell, I was beat after only 2 years of 24 x 7 drinking.

You sound beat. That's a good thing actually. It was where I had to be also before I finally hung my head and went into the rooms of AA. And you know what ? It was nothing like I expected.

You'll be welcomed by poeple that have been through the same thing. People that know how you feel. And better yet, they'll suggest a solution.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Mike. I found hopelessness a great place to start. It was when I was hopelessness that I could truly start a new fresh start. Honesty, willingness, and an open mind became readily available and I became teachable. I had to get my butt back into AA and reclaim the chair I had given up so long ago. I believe it has saved my life. One thing is for certain. I was beaten by wet drunkeness, and then slam dunked by dry drunkeness. I desperately needed a program of recovery if I was going to stay stopped and not be miserable. My way wasn't working, even when I wasn't drinking. There is a way out. Hope this helps.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

My problem was that whereever I went, I kept bringing myself along! (and he was a mess!)
Old 07-19-2007, 05:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
new life

Feeling better now ,Thanks for the replies, I was alcohol free for 30 months, before 'just one' * ice cooler pulled me back out.

thanks
Old 07-19-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Take your past sober time and use it
for a base to start again.

(((Mike)))