Notices

I'm convinced. 1st Meeting tomorrow

Old 07-11-2007, 05:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Open Minded

Congrats on your decision - I hope today has gone ok for you and I hope you enjoyed your meeting. It's a discovery journey and so exciting, the ability to stay sober for me depended on the ability to admit I can't drink without drinking to excess. I was slowly killing myself, the acceptance that I feel now is really strengthening me on my journey. Keep up the good work - you can do this :0)
Old 07-12-2007, 05:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

I did not drink last night.

Even though one was bought for us- - and that's my typical "slippery slope" argument with myself... "Oh, I'll only drink the ones bought for us" (yeah right)... "You don't want to offend the person buying the drink" (they usually never notice whether you drink it or not).

Anyway, as I'm sure most of you know, it never seems to stop with the one that was bought. I've had some crazy tabs to pay at the end of the night because of one free drink!

So- meeting's not 'till noon but I didn't sleep all that well last night. Nervous, excited, anxious, proud and ashamed of myself all in one...
Old 07-12-2007, 05:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

'Nervous, excited, anxious, proud and ashamed of myself all in one...'

They are all normal feelings but no reason for shame hun. I honestly believe that passed a certain point alcoholism is a disease, no reason to feel ashamed of that.

I am proud of you too! Well done for not drinking last night too!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

Leaving shortly and I find myself actually looking forward to it. Reading here has helped a LOT. You all are so kind and you've been there... and it is because of your urging that I decided to go. Kudos to all of you- I am starting my path to recovery today and I am so thankful for every one of you. Whether you replied to my posts or not- at some point probably every single one of you has helped another get sober and that is such a gift.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
let it grow!

so glad you are going to a meeting..let us know how it goes.

blessings, k
Old 07-12-2007, 08:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hope you enjoy it! I try to make a meeting every night, usually I'm so excited about going I race off when I leave work!