Notices

Hello Everyone.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi GS, nice to see you back again. Good on you for picking yourself up from that slip and getting back to the healthy life.
best,
NL.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

In essence, the last thing I want is for this thread to encourage anyone that total abstinence isn't a good thing and probably the only way to truly move forward.
GS thanks for posting that, it is a damn hard lesson for us alcoholics to learn, I tried moderating for many years and the only thing it led me to was having no choice but to drink every day!

GS congrats on only having a one day slip...... I drank for 40 years, I have a nasty feeling that I may not be able to do what you did, I am not sure I have another recovery left in me.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your relapse stories, these are the things I need to hear to keep me from resting on my laurels....... I know that as long as I maintain my spiritual condition properly I will not pick up again, for this old drunk, going to meetings, continually working and living the steps, working with my sponsee on steps, and helping other alcoholics will keep me sober.

I will be the first to admit with no shame that I could not have made it this far down the path of sobriety by myself, it took and still takes the help of fellow sober alcoholics to keep my head screwed on straight and sober.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GettinSober View Post
Hi Stone - I was sober for over 3 months. This was the longest I had ever been sober for in my adult life. How are you doing mate?

Hi again mate, I am doing OK. I 'joined' AA! I dunno if you remember my antipathy towards AA but if you do I hope you are suitably shocked. I am only 8 days sober but I had 24 days before I slipped which is long for me.
But yea, doing pretty good thanks.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
let it grow!

great to see you around, gettin! k
Old 07-19-2007, 10:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Also glad to see you back! You've made huge progress...even when you joined you weren't sure that you had a problem, no you've identified it - and the solution!

however, what I will say to you - joining a group can only enhance your sobriety - it will never never take away from it. I'm in the UK next week there's a great meeting I go to on a Thursday in London

Thursday 1800
The Crypt, St James's Church,
Clerkenwell Close
EC1

Give it a try if you feel like it...as I said it can only add to your sobriety, not take away from it!

PS I had also in the past - many times - given up for 3 months - but not working a recovery program. Now almost 18 months sober working a program - well you cannot compare the experience...being sober PLUS working a program like AA.NA is just so awesome life affirming joyful and wonderful. I recommend it!