Notices

Day 13

Old 07-06-2007, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tom

Day 13

Tomorrow is 2 weeks sober for me. One month ago, I would have given myself better odds to win the Powerball than this. It feels great.

However, I do have a little urge to have a couple of beers tonight. Not a huge craving, just something inside me saying I deserve it and to celebrate a little. I don't want to go there because I am so close to 2 weeks and would hate to blow it now. Suggestions anyone?

Thanks
Old 07-06-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
mpr

don't do it dude! i quit for like 2/3 months and thought "hey i stopped no problem so i can have few drinks no biggie" well i was wrong it snowballed on me and i started up again and today is my first day starting from fresh again... DON'T DO IT!
Old 07-06-2007, 06:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Don't hang out with anyone who drinks but can you get out and go visit with family or sober friend. Go to a movie Go to the gym Go for a RUN - GO To an AA mtg. that will be listed for your area on the internet
Old 07-06-2007, 06:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mpr

too much idle time can work against you plan each day in advance so you have a schedule to keep gym, sports, work around the house whatever just keep yourself busy and you wont even think about it
Old 07-06-2007, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well Done Tom!

Are you aware of PAWS?

http://www.tlctx.com/ar_pages/paw_part1.htm

I just returned from an AA meeting
I highly recommend you find one too.
Just go listen...it's so empowering!

Blessings
Old 07-06-2007, 07:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tom

Sorry people. I didn't make it. Not feeling very good about myself right now, although things could be alot worse. I had 3 beers and stopped at that and now I am home. In fact, if I could drink like this all the time, there wouldn't be a problem. But this is the exception and not the rule. No major problems, just alot of guilt. I feel I have let alot of people down, family, friends, people on this forum, especially myself. My waitress, a good friend, was literally crying when she brought me my first beer. Damn this hurts bad, so close to two weeks. I guess I'll make July 7 my new day 1.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mpr

Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Sorry people. I didn't make it. Not feeling very good about myself right now, although things could be alot worse. I had 3 beers and stopped at that and now I am home. In fact, if I could drink like this all the time, there wouldn't be a problem. But this is the exception and not the rule. No major problems, just alot of guilt. I feel I have let alot of people down, family, friends, people on this forum, especially myself. My waitress, a good friend, was literally crying when she brought me my first beer. Damn this hurts bad, so close to two weeks. I guess I'll make July 7 my new day 1.
don't let this hold you back it is just one small slip up continue foward as if you never had those 3 beers the main thing is don't give up!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

7-7-07
Wow! That's neat!

Take care Tom...you too can recover.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tom,
Don't give up! 7-7-07 is a good day.
chip
Old 07-07-2007, 05:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Hey tom,

Of course you caved, you're an alkie, thats what we do!

The important thing now is to put away the proverbial baseball bat and quit beating yourself up!

If anything, you may wish to re-examine your method for quitting and seek some help.

I find that those who have been there / done that, know how to stay sober and they have been able to show me the way to sobriety one day at a time.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tom View Post
*snippage*I had 3 beers and stopped at that and now I am home. In fact, if I could drink like this all the time, there wouldn't be a problem. But this is the exception and not the rule.
Yup, you got lucky. I know where my first drink leads. AND, be careful. You may think, "Hey, I had 3 beers and stopped ! Maybe......." that's what happened to me. Within weeks, I was back to full blown 24 x 7.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Nae

You are back and thats what is important. One day at a time.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I was going to post

"don't count the days as landmarks (like 2 weeks / 1 month / 3 months) can often lead to thoughts about drinking or rewarding yourself."

Then I saw that you relapsed last night

I've been there many times Tom so I know how you feel today. Like many have said 7/7/07 is a cool day to make day 1 again.

PS - Your body, kidneys, liver et al still thank you for those 13 days Tom. Never forget that.