Notices

Setting a day to quit

Old 07-07-2007, 09:42 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
mpr

day 2 - couldn't sleep till really late maybe 5ish but aside from that no other complaints feel a bit off waking up but it could be due to lack of sleep as well.... overall not too bad though i'll post as the day goes by
Old 07-07-2007, 02:06 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by f911 View Post
Be very careful with the exercise. I ran everyday during my long drinking career. I wasn't a super heavy drinker, just normal heavy drinker (about 1 pint vodka/day for 10 years). When I detoxed in the hospital (doctor put me there because I said I was a drinker and sick of the whole thing, no real other immediate problems) my BP soared to aroung 190/130 WHILE JUST SITTING IN BED!) It stayed that way for 4 days then dramatically came down. Then went home and started formal intensive outpatient recovery. (No AA but that's another story.)

I had never had hypertension before or since. I worry about you exercising with an elevated BP, a very common finding during detox.

jane
Yup, 210/160 here.....Lucky I didn't blow a fuse.......
Old 07-07-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
mpr

was so tired from last night i took a mid day nap hopefully i sleep better tonight... on the milk thistle since last nite as well
Old 07-07-2007, 04:28 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
mpr

got up did a little bit of free weights gonna rest for a bit and do some cardio...
Old 07-07-2007, 07:21 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
mpr

extended the cardio session by a bit and feel pretty good, tired but good...
Old 07-07-2007, 09:49 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
mpr

day is almost complete ready for day 3!
Old 07-08-2007, 12:58 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
mpr

well day 2 is complete hopefully i sleep better tonight but it has to get better in the next couple days i imagine... i think the exercise has been helping as well
Old 07-08-2007, 01:47 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Super!
Old 07-08-2007, 02:00 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Open Minded

Congrats, keep up the good work :0)
Old 07-08-2007, 02:48 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
mpr

thanks guys appreciate it
Old 07-08-2007, 11:15 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
mpr

slept okay no complaints but day 3 feels so much better compared to my proposed day 1 when i first arrived here!
Old 07-08-2007, 12:24 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
mpr

on a side note waking up in the morning without that drunk/hungover feeling is priceless
Old 07-08-2007, 12:40 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mpr View Post
on a side note waking up in the morning without that drunk/hungover feeling is priceless
Sure is a hell of a lot better waking up shaking and puking, reaching for the bottle....
Old 07-08-2007, 12:46 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
mpr

Originally Posted by GlassPrisoner View Post
Sure is a hell of a lot better waking up shaking and puking, reaching for the bottle....
i never got to that point and i would never drink during the day but i would feel like **** for hours on end... i felt useless but since i stopped i have felt better
Old 07-08-2007, 02:14 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
mpr

just did my cardio for the day... after a good workout last thing you wanna do is drink
Old 07-08-2007, 03:15 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I drew lines in the sand said at least I didnt do what that other guy did. Believe me if you are an alcoholic and addict like me keep using and you will keep drawing lines and crossing them one by one.

Last edited by baggervance; 07-08-2007 at 03:17 PM. Reason: miss spell
Old 07-08-2007, 03:37 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
mpr

Originally Posted by baggervance View Post
I drew lines in the sand said at least I didnt do what that other guy did. Believe me if you are an alcoholic and addict like me keep using and you will keep drawing lines and crossing them one by one.
?
Old 07-08-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
DKS
Glad to be here

just did my cardio for the day... after a good workout last thing you wanna do is drink
I started a big diet and exercise program in 2004 when I quit drinking for 10 months. I lost almost 50 pounds and felt great, until I relapsed after 10 months. By then, the exercise had become a deeply ingrained habit and I didn't give it up, even though I had relapsed. I just took 3 beers with me to the counter next to my exercise bike and rode 10 miles while watching my favorite shows on the tivo and downing the 3 beers. There were times that I'd be on such a roll on the weekends that I would do 20-22 miles on the bike and down 6 beers while working out. Pretty crazy huh! I had fooled myself into thinking that I could just drink on weekends and that I might not ever make it to my goal weight but I could at least maintain what I'd already lost as long as I kept exercising even after the relapse. After a year of continuing to exercise while drinking, I had regained almost all 50 pounds! Thankfully I never did stop the exercise program and now have lost 55 pounds since I quit drinking again last June.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:58 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
mpr

Originally Posted by DKS View Post
I started a big diet and exercise program in 2004 when I quit drinking for 10 months. I lost almost 50 pounds and felt great, until I relapsed after 10 months. By then, the exercise had become a deeply ingrained habit and I didn't give it up, even though I had relapsed. I just took 3 beers with me to the counter next to my exercise bike and rode 10 miles while watching my favorite shows on the tivo and downing the 3 beers. There were times that I'd be on such a roll on the weekends that I would do 20-22 miles on the bike and down 6 beers while working out. Pretty crazy huh! I had fooled myself into thinking that I could just drink on weekends and that I might not ever make it to my goal weight but I could at least maintain what I'd already lost as long as I kept exercising even after the relapse. After a year of continuing to exercise while drinking, I had regained almost all 50 pounds! Thankfully I never did stop the exercise program and now have lost 55 pounds since I quit drinking again last June.
must be hard to drink/exercise and try to exercise alone after? alot of people(from what i read) have trouble doing the same stuff again with alcohol... im running myself ragged with stuff so i barely think about the booze
Old 07-08-2007, 09:44 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

i [ never got to that point and i would never drink during the day] but i would feel like **** for hours on end... i felt useless but since i stopped i have felt better
lines in sand