Notices

Third try at sobriety...

Old 06-25-2007, 05:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Your doing good Tom. Thinking things out well also.
It is that first one I need say no to because the second one gets me every time.
If no first one...no need to worry about the second one.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Tom

I have to admit, Best, that after dinner tonight, I was anxious to get back to the people on this forum. So much that I passed two watering holes on the way home and didn't even consider stopping. Days 6,7,8 (Friday, saturday, Sunday) will be the real test, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Another thing: It's real nice driving home when you know you have complete control of the car. I know the others on the road appreciate it.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think it can be done on your own but it seems like the majority do much better with AA. I have done it on my own but I cannot say that it has been easy. 31 weeks so far!! I must admit that the forum has helped and I have read through the AA literature to know how to help myself and for what to expect. You have to really want to quit. For me I know I had to quit or this would eventually kill me. I decided on life, and I know there is no going back.
Sometimes it is overwhelming. I feel that 31 weeks is a long time but on other days it seems as if the one year mark is a long way off. I guess the AA mindset helps with this as I just have to remind myself to worry about today. There is really nothing I can do about tomorrow until it comes.
This is a highly supportive place and I have found it very helpful even though I do not post every day. I usually check in to read the posts and it always reminds me of where I have been and where I can be in the future. When I stand back and look at where I am now, I can honestly say I am happier now than I have been in years. And that is a very good feeling.
I give thanks every night for another day sober and another day with my family, it is a miracle for me.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

All sounds familiar Tom, best of luck!
Old 06-26-2007, 05:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Tom

Thanks again all. I can't remember any two days like today and yesterday where I felt this happy and peaceful, not to mention effective at work...and all this sober. Normally, I am on pins and needles all day just waiting to get to 6:00 and that first beer. I'm beginning to buy into this ODAAT thing. Friday night will be the first big test. Hope some of you will be around.

Tom
Old 06-27-2007, 03:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes Tom...
I will be here because my AA meeting
is at noon...

Keep in focus