Notices

For those on the fence...

Old 06-22-2007, 10:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dum vita est spes est

For those on the fence...

Hi if you are reading this, and welcome .

I just want those that don't follow things to a tee to know that the promises ring true despite your commitment to "the program."

I made a HUGE leap of faith toward to program and it lept toward me ten-fold.

I won't tell you that I finally went to a meeting from my own free will and poured my heart out.

I won't tell you that the "normie" whom I am talking to is working out beautifully.

I won't tell you that my job is, a present, saved.

I will only tell you that I am a perfectionist, and I half-assed the program. But the program is paying me back in ways I do not deserve. So, please consider it.

PR
Old 06-23-2007, 02:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

of COURSE someone named 'barb dwyer' is gonna zoom over to a post about a fence.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

now you got me whistling 'Dont Fence Me In'....

D
Old 06-23-2007, 03:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

PR -

I get asked about what I get from AA quite a bit.
and my answer is much like yours.

More ... than I have given.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great thread, Purple. It's taken me 16 years to get off the fence and into the program. And if I do today what I did yesterday and don't do anything real stupid, I'll pick up a 90 day chip tonight. I just completed a 1st step WITH a sponsor. I capitalize that because sponsorship was a major resistance I had. When I came back this time I had no intentions of staying, getting a sponsor, or picking up chips. I wanted a tune up at best, some insurance to get me through a crisis. What I found was that I was quite ill. I have tried this program every conceivable way other than the ways suggested, and it eventually got me drunk again. I've tried working 1,2,and 3 in my head and I have found that will work to an extent. But the 1,2,3 dance is a dangerous one, I have found. And once I get away from this program, it doesn't take long before I lose perspective, and I WILL drink again. I am without defences without this program. So, the answer for me was to start doing what others who have genuine happiness and freedom have done. I had to SURRENDER to this program. I had to be convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that I had a deadly disease and that this was THE way out. On this I cannot have any gray areas. My first step is absolute. And today, I do not care to add to it. If I keep doing what I'm told regardless of whether I want to or not, and I do today what I did yesterday, I have a chance at another 24 hours. This program is full of ifs. If you do this, ____will happen. Some of the promises come true, IF I show up. I am convinced the rest will come true IF I do the work. I can't get what I need if I'm not there to get it. It doesn't matter that I may not know what I need. IF I suit up and show up, my needs will be met. I am grateful to have a different perspective than I did 3 months ago. I understand sitting on the fence. I just don't have that luxury anymore. It has been that painful to get back where I am today. And I have no reservations. Hope everyone enjoys some meetings this weekend,and thank God I woke up sober yet another day.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dum vita est spes est

BP,
That was an awesome AWESOME share. Yours is a response I will be saving - I find it that powerful. Thank you sir.

PR