Notices

Day One and feeling shaky

Old 06-18-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day One and feeling shaky

Trying hard now.. 24 hours and going..

eyes bugging me.. pain in my chest... panic attacks. This is so much fun!
I wish you could just buy the anti withdrawl meds over the counter... can't go to my doc don't trust the confidentiality.
Is it normal for your arms to hurt as well.. I feel so tired and used up.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You really should see a Doctor. I quit CT at home too, but I was risking my life.

It took 3-5 days for me to feel OK, not better, just not like I was dead or dying.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrads on your decision to stop drinking....

Just keep thinking of that wonderful life you are saving and the lives of the people who love you.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you but not feeling much other than pain. I know things will be better soon so that is what is making me go forward. I have received a comment already about how I don't look well... sleeping on the couch to hide it and hope everything goes well. No Doctor! They can't keep s%^& a secret.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our Alcoholism Forum...

Please check out this link...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-expect.html

I too de toxed at home ... cold turkey
my story is in the link.

Blessings
Old 06-18-2007, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you... sweats right now real bad. Chest pains and arm and leg pains. Can't even begin to feel good about sleep.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I really think you need to go to an ER
becuse of your chest & arm pains.

You could also call 911 and tell them.

Don't mess arpund with de toxing.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cold shower and lots of throwing up has helped... at least to make me tired. I have had the arm pains before so not too worried and no do not worry.. I am not stupid or looking for sympathy.. I will go to emerg if I feel things are getting out of hand.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Drink plenty of fluids, gatorade helps. Eat little tiny meals. Some crackers & cheese or something. Sleep when you're tired, because rest won't be coming easy for a while.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I don't mean to scare you but alcohol withdrawal is the most dangerous. Please get some help so you don't have a seizure. Best of luck to you. Please keep us posted.

Liz
Old 06-19-2007, 02:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Trying hard now.. 24 hours and going..
eyes bugging me.. pain in my chest... panic attacks. This is so much fun!
I wish you could just buy the anti withdrawl meds over the counter... can't go to my doc don't trust the confidentiality.
Is it normal for your arms to hurt as well.. I feel so tired and used up.

Hey, that's all good. That's how it works! When I got sick and tired, of being sick and tired, I finally became willing to do whatever it took to stop drinking. Now, do yourself a favor and quit sitting around thinking about how bad you feel. You did it to yourself. Get to AA and tell someone else and let them help you, unless or course you still want to do things your way. By the way, if you go to a doctor with your symptoms, he may just put you on that 'drug' you're looking for. Tough it out. You've probably felt worse.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Laszlo first things first, detox can kill, siezures/DT's can come on with no warning at all and kill you deader then a door nail. See a doc.

Getting sober you will find out is actually the easy part even though I know it does not seem like it right now, the hard part is staying sober!!!

Every time I got semi-sober 5+ days I would try and stay sober my way, WILL POWER!!!!! I was the man! I could do this all by myself. I always wound up drinking again....... I finally reached the point where I had no choice..... I had to drink.

I put myself into detox and got semi-sober again, but because I had finally after 40 years of drinking and 10 years of trying to stop my way, I decided "Gee maybe I need some help, I have never been able to stay sober my way." I went to AA as suggested in detox, they told me if I wanted a chance to stay sober I needed to go to at least 90 AA meetings in 90 days and get a sponsor.

Well here it is 9 months later, I am still sober and happier then I have been in over 30 years and I owe it all to the AA program.

You are not alone, there are rooms full of people who have been right where you are at now, they are more then willing to share with you how they got and stayed sober as well as how they have learned to live life on lifes terms with out drinking.

Don't do like I did for 10 years and try and do it all by your self, just posting her on SR is your subconscience telling you to not try to do this all by yourself.